Gibson Brands Forums

Whats your Fav Epipi You ever played/owned/Seen?

LaRouteDu

:D i can only wish to own a G-1275 some day

It can happen...I got mine in January, a 1996 made at the Unsung plant. It had one previous owner. He had taken very good care of it, but got rid of it because he didn't play it enough to justify keeping it. The music store he sold it to had a lot of people interested in it, but nobody picked it up. The owners knew I was interested in it, and finally told me they wanted to move it. They told me to make them an offer. I did a trade in and cash, and got it for $500.

They're not for everybody, so you can find deals on them.

The crazy thing is, my G-1275 has a plywood body with maple veneer on the front and back, and bolt-on necks. But it plays and sounds great (The Gibson 490R/498T combo on the 6-string neck has something to do with that).

My twin-necked beast is a lot of fun to play, and definitely visually impressive. But my heart belongs to my '56 Gold Top.

Man this question is a tough one. All of the Elitists are just so good! I'm going to have to give the nod to my Sheraton again as it is the most versatile of the lot. The others are fantastic too though. As far as I'm concerned you can't get much better than the Elitists and the level of consistency in quality is without peer.

Svet

sherry3.jpg?t=1214408741

sherry4.jpg?t=1214408770

Wish I had been able to score one of those instead of the black with the gold hardware I got.

Yeah when these babies finally became available to the Canadian market I grabbed one as fast as I could.

G400M.jpg

...but it's still not on the same level as the Elitist '61 reissue.

Wish I had been able to score one of those instead of the black with the gold hardware I got.

Thanks, I just lucked out. I went the to look at guitars, not really intending on buying anything and there it was. I didn't even know Epiphone made them. I had been asking about getting a Maestro at my music store so I could have one put on a G-400. They looked into it for me and told me that Gibson doesn't sell Maestros. Well, when I saw this hanging on the wall I grabbed it and didn't let go until I put $100 down on it. It took be a few months to finish paying for it, but it was worth the wait, and still my favorite Epi to date. I get a lot of compliments on it when I play.

Everytime I see Spud's I lust for that case. That really looks sweet.

Archived