Gibson Brands Forums

Question for WildKat Past or Current Owners

Just Strum

If you have a WildKat or had one please read this statement I am getting from a person selling a WildKat and see if you can confirm.

"There is a weird line on the body (on the side, on the upper curve to the neck) that I thought was a crack, but I researched it and the wood is about an inch or so thick there and I have seen it on other ones, so I am not sure..."

I'm not looking for speculation, I need some factual responses. Does or did your Wildkat have anything similar to what is described? Would you agree about the thickness of the wood in the location mentioned.

I appreciate any information you can provide.

Strum

Suggestion: there are a couple other Wildcat-centric lines on this page. Scroll down and maybe you can get a quicker answer on one of those.

I am interested, too, as the WC is one model I'm thinking of getting for going electric.

If you have a WildKat or had one please read this statement I am getting from a person selling a WildKat and see if you can confirm.

"There is a weird line on the body (on the side' date=' on the upper curve to the neck) that I thought was a crack, but I researched it and the wood is about an inch or so thick there and I have seen it on other ones, so I am not sure..."[/i']

I'm not looking for speculation, I need some factual responses. Does or did your Wildkat have anything similar to what is described? Would you agree about the thickness of the wood in the location mentioned.

I appreciate any information you can provide.

Strum

I have no clues what he's talking about. Nothing in the area he describes is an inch anywhere and, while I have not owned one yet (on my list though) I have played several and have two friends that have them and I have never seen the line he is talking about.

Hope that helps bro, good luck !

Well, I contacted someone that owns one and this is what he said"

"I pulled the guitar from the box and can't tell at all what you're referring

to. There's no line that I'm seeing. However, I did find that there's a

very slight finish crack vertically on the seam where the set neck joins

the body. That's very common in set neck guitars - my Les Paul has a

finish crack there as well. Other than that, I'm not seeing any other

lines unless what you're hearing about is the binding?"

Not sure, but it is a possibility.

Just Strum' date=' I think you're going to love the Wildkat through the Valve Jr. We'll be expecting photos when it arrives, plus a review of the sound![/quote']

Parabar, I hope you are right, I will say everything I plugged into the Valve Jr has been sweet.

BTW, nice collection of guitars you have there - apparently you suffer from GAS once in a while.

I had the guy drop off the guitar at a friend of mines business outside of Philadelphia and one of his employees is interested in it. It might not even make it's way here if the guy throws out the right $$$.

Archived