Gibson Brands Forums

sticker on back of headstock

It might likely just be some kid who thought it would be funny to put a sticker on a guitar.

BTW, I thought most epiphones had stickers on the back of the headstock, like ones that say "made in _____", and who inspected and set up the guitar. The one you're talking about seems unusual.

a sticker on the back of the headstock that looked like a garbage can with a slash though it. what did this mean?

Yeah, agree with Copper here. Since it was just one guitar that had it, probably some kid. You sure it wasn't a sticker of Slash wearing a garbage can?

Ok, here you go straight from an attorney.

"OK, here ya' go. It relates to the European Union (EU), and covers the chemical make-up of all electronic components. Here's where the trashcan sticker comes in: Legally you are not supposed to throw the electronics out, in Europe they are to be returned to the maker for recycling."

Actually, that sticker indicates that the guitar in question is not ever to be used for playing 'emo-screamo' garbage music. :-s

No, that's not it; they put that sticker there so that when you play an Epiphone after having tried the equivalent Gibson model you can reassure yourself that it's NOT a piece of garbage. :^o

Wait wait wait, no, that's not it either; all they are trying to say is that Oscar the Grouch has not endorsed that particular model. #-o

No' date=' that's not it; they put that sticker there so that when you play an Epiphone after having tried the equivalent Gibson model you can reassure yourself that it's NOT a piece of garbage. :-s

[/quote']

+1 #-o That's why you see them on Mexican Fenders, too.

Hi Guys,

I can confirm the sticker means that the electronic componants are to be disposed of legally (ie NOT just thrown in the rubbish bin but must be recycled or disposed of in a responsible manner).

Steve.

Actually' date=' that sticker indicates that the guitar in question is not ever to be used for playing 'emo-screamo' garbage music. :-s

No, that's not it; they put that sticker there so that when you play an Epiphone after having tried the equivalent Gibson model you can reassure yourself that it's NOT a piece of garbage. :^o

Wait wait wait, no, that's not it either; all they are trying to say is that Oscar the Grouch has not endorsed that particular model. #-o [/quote']

Your descriptions sound more useful than the one I gave - I'll go with yours.

Sounds like the stickers they put on electronics for the European market' date='

meaning when you're done with it don't toss it in the trash but recycle..

[/quote']

No no no! It was the signal for a vast international cabal to dump all their waste management stocks in a megalomaniacal conspiracy to sell short and and create panic in the real estate and petroleum futures markets. The signal to start buying won't be released until multinational corporations own everything except the loose change in your pocket.

No no no! It was the signal for a vast international cabal to dump all their waste management stocks in a megalomaniacal conspiracy to sell short and and create panic in the real estate and petroleum futures markets. The signal to start buying won't be released until multinational corporations own everything except the loose change in your pocket.

It seems to be working.

Here's where the trashcan sticker comes in: Legally you are not supposed to throw the electronics out' date=' in Europe they are to be returned to the maker for recycling.[/quote']

1. What's good for Europe would be good for the entire planet.

2. Why limit it to items unlikely to hit the mucky bins anytime soon

--- perhaps returning all the packaging materials that items come in would be an even better idea?

...ooops, am I on a Carlinesque rant again?

Hit every BLUE NOTE baaaby..., I'm going to play on:-"

Archived