Gibson Brands Forums

My New Dot

gothsloth

We had one of those in the store for a while and everybody that tried it loved it. The simplified control setup keeps the tone clean and pure. The Dot Studio is indeed one of the best deals in the Epi catalog.. if not the best.

We had one of those in the store for a while and everybody that tried it loved it. The simplified control setup keeps the tone clean and pure. The Dot Studio is indeed one of the best deals in the Epi catalog.. if not the best.

Please, don't tell me that! Every time I go to GC, there's one sitting there with a very deep dark red finish.

I shouldn't have opened this thread, I was cruising the web looking for a Dot Studio when I got home from work. This is one of those threads where Epi gets good free marketing. Although there are a lot of threads where Epi gets free marketing.

At the very least they should give some of you guys free or deep discounted guitars.

Awesome!! I have two Dot Studios and I LOVE 'em!!

Congrats on that and I hope you're able to enjoy that guitar for many years to come!!

Here's mine:

lightened11-26-07.jpg

Love the white! Can't understand why they no longer offer it. I have the faded cherry below and love it although have thought of doing the mean 90's as well.

dotstudio.jpg

iansmitchell queried (while doing an excellent Richard Belzer impersonation):

How's the master volume and master tone for ya?

I couldn't live with that, I'd hardwire the tone and do dual volumes or drill and put in more knobs.

Gotta have the individual volume.

I'm usually inclined to agree, preferring separate volume and tone controls. However, several generations of Telecaster players seem to have done just fine, as have many more recent PRS enthusiasts. My Dillion DR-500's have only master volume and tone, and on those guitars I don't miss the separate controls either. I guess a lot depends on what we get used to.

Archived