Gibson Brands Forums

VJ Sound Clip

Does anybody have a stock V3 valve junior sound clip?

I considering either a VJ Combo or a used Vox AD30VT. I know, I know, they are two very different amps, not even in the same league. I've tried several vox's and was very pleased with them, but I've wanted a VJ for a while and I only got to try one VJ and it was a stack and it sounded like absolute garbage. I told you all on the forum in another post that it was very harsh sounding (and it started clipping at 9 0'clock) and you all said it was probably defective.

I'd prefer a soundclip of a combo, but if all you can do is the stack, that's okay too.

Thanks in advance.

I have a Vjr ver 1 modified and an AD30VT - I had the AD30VT for about a year before I got the Vjr. I know it doesn't help you, except to say go Vjr over AD30VT. If you aren't in a rush and are buying new, I would wait another 30 days or so to see the new equipment that will be hitting the stores.

What does a used AD30VT go for these days?

The short story is i'm selling a marshall mg30dfx for about $150 (I hate the tone so much) and I want to break even and spend about $150 better amp. A friend would sell me a vox for $150, or I could get a VJ combo for $150. I wanted a sound clip of the VJ to somewhat get a better idea of what they sound like. I'm still deciding if I should just buy the VJ with out trying it.

Archived