Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD - Goldie arrived!

Dave

Anyone have a quick tip on how the heck to get my images uploaded? (first time pic poster)

Post the link to the picture, not the Photobucket-page. Just try it. You were really close first time! Good luck and HNGD!

HNGD. The Goldtop finally made it in yesterday. I have pics. As soon as I figure out how to post them...

Ok' date=' I think I have it now. Easy once I figured out which link to copy.

This is my collection. The heritage cherry LP is the one I installed the Pearly Gates pups in and it's also the one I did a fret dressing and level on.The Strat is a '79 USA model that I bought new. The Wine Red Studio on the left is a '92.

And, of course, there's Goldie in the middle after her long ride with the UPS guy.

[img']http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd236/Dave_Lp_Strat/webP7240109.jpg[/img]

webP7240143.jpg

webP7240144.jpg

webP7240137.jpg

And' date=' of course, there's Goldie in the middle after her long ride with the UPS guy.

[/quote']

She sure looks sweet Dave. I hope that that UPS guy was not a guitar player and tried to

take advantage by playing her. ;)

Lets see..for a suggestion..Epi LP Gold Top...hmm..she's gold, so GoldDee, Gloria, C3P0

(golden robot from Star-Wars), ,,chewbacca...oh that's right, he wasn't gold and

he had that awful guttural sound for everything he uttered.

"Chewie..prepare us for a jump into hyper-space!"

Beautiful Instrument!

Just beautiful.

I thought I heard RotCanX say these were kinda rare? Where did you get this one? Ebay? Craigs? GC?

I want one!!!!!!

$499 all day long at most online dealers. I bought this one from Musicians Friend. It's a standard re-issue model. Gibson has a re-issue 56 goldtop out, also.

She sure looks sweet Dave. I hope that that UPS guy was not a guitar player and tried to

take advantage by playing her. :-

Lets see..for a suggestion..Epi LP Gold Top...hmm..she's gold' date=' so GoldDee, Gloria, C3P0

(golden robot from Star-Wars), ,,chewbacca...oh that's right, he wasn't gold and

he had that awful guttural sound for everything he uttered.

"Chewie..prepare us for a jump into hyper-space!"

[/quote']

Hmmm, perhaps Giselle???

Congrats!!!

I have a '56 Goldtop and I love it!!

I hope you're able to enjoy that guitar (and all your others) for many years to come!!

DSC03524.jpg

Dave, congrats on your new '56 LP Goldtop.:- I'd like to get one myself someday, but I had all I could do to

swing the money for a LP Standard Plain-Top VS w/ case this year with George's Economic Stimulus check.

Hey, dcooper830...I like the nice touch the gold witchhat knobs give your '56 Gold-top. She looks awesome.=P~

You might want to add that touch to yours Dave. Just a few extra dollars and put the markers underneath them.

I did that with my Les Paul, except I got the black ones, as I have a VS and the black goes better with that than the

gold. It'll really dresses up your guitar. I love the way "Coops" looks.

Dave' date=' congrats on your new '56 LP Goldtop.=D> I'd like to get one myself someday, but I had all I could do to

swing the money for a LP Standard Plain-Top VS w/ case this year with George's Economic Stimulus check.

Hey, dcooper830...I like the nice touch the gold witchhat knobs give your '56 Gold-top. She looks awesome.=D>

You might want to add that touch to yours Dave. Just a few extra dollars and put the markers underneath them.

I did that with my Les Paul, except I got the black ones, as I have a VS and the black goes better with that than the

gold. It'll really dresses up your guitar. I love the way "Coops" looks.[/quote']

One of the first things my wife noticed about the goldtop was the knobs. It has amber tophats. I put amber speed knobs on my flametop and I think they match pretty well. I may put some gold tophats on the goldtop.

My wife was not impressed with the goldtop at all. She doesn't think it's pretty (grin). She has pretty good taste but doesn't appreciate the fact that it is a re-issue of on icon guitar. She prefers wood finishes and likes the sunburst models better. But, then she doesn't have to play it and has no appreciation for the P90s.

Congratulations, Dave!

I am still digging my Gold Top after 5 months. I don't have a nickname for it...I just call it 'The Gold Top'.

Too bad your wife doesn't like the look of it. My wife's reaction was funny. I bought my GT off of eBay from a guy in Brooklyn. I didn't clear the transaction with the wife, so she was mildly displeased with me. =D>

When it arrived at the house, it came in an SKB hardshell case packed in a box. While I was opening the box and unpacking it, she was telling me, "OK, mister, you're done. This is it. Eleven guitars is enough. I don't care how beautiful this guitar is..." At that moment, I opened up the case.

She looked at it in silence for about six seconds, and said, "...it's really beautiful!"

I I didn't clear the transaction with the wife' date=' so she was mildly displeased with me.

While I was opening the box and unpacking it,

she was telling me, "OK, mister, you're [u']done[/u]. This is it. Eleven guitars is enough. I don't care how beautiful this guitar is..." At that moment, I opened up the case.

She looked at it in silence for about six seconds, and said, "...it's really beautiful!"

Too funny! I hope she understands that about your guitar fetish..er.. G.A.S.

And if you plan to be around for many more years, then 11 may even not be enough.

Archived