Gibson Brands Forums

Looking for Limited Edition JL Hooker case

BHFG

I tried this on the Electric Guitar forum, but did not get any response. I am hoping someone on this forum has some info.

In Jan 1999 Epiphone announced they were releasing a limited edition version John Lee Hooker Sheraton to commemorate his 50th year of recording. They made 220 numbeed ones of these that were sold through (now gone) Mars Music. According to documentation I recieved from Epi, body parts were made in the Samick factory in Korea but final assembly was done in the US with US electronics. The were part of the "USA Collection" and were a forerunner to the Sheraton II version they did later in early 2000's that did not have US electronics. At least that is what the letter I got from Epiphone said.

The 220 limited edition packages sold with an autographed picture of JLH, a CD and a special hard case. The case was brown with an "E" emblem on the inside top and a sort of lavender, silk-like lining and 'blanket'. I am trying to find one of those cases for sale. If anyone has one in good condition they would sell, or knows where I can get one, please let me know.

I am also interested in finding one of the photos and CD's as well, but the case is the main thing I am interested in.

Tnx,

Rick

Atlanta, GA

Archived