Gibson Brands Forums

Happy new SG day

JefferySmith

I finally got my Elitist SG from Japan. As you might recall, this is the one with the Gibson style head and nitro finish. They estimated that it would take 2 weeks to arrive. Believe it or not, they shipped it last Friday and it arrived on the following Monday!

SG-002.jpg

SG-001.jpg

I haven't even taken the plastic off the pickguard or pickups. It is flawless, and reminds me so much of my Gibson SG from the 1960's.

No more GAS for a while. Should I make the head my avatar? That should be confusing for every newbie to the forum.

That is so sweet. I have to be 100% honest with you, even with my extensive SG collection I am as jealous as hell! In certain respects, yours is a more accurate rendition than the Gibson '61 reissue. Congratulations, friend, that is one fine acquisition. HNGD to you!

That is so sweet. I have to be 100% honest with you' date=' even with my extensive SG collection I am as jealous as [i']hell[/i]! Congratulations, friend, that is one fine acquisition. HNGD to you!

Thanks much. The action and setup are perfect. I couldn't ask for more.

Way to go Jeff........Very nice... Just noticed the two screw TRC.... Congrats..........J

That's more typical of Gibson rather than Epiphone, correct? And what is that symbol on the headstock supposed to be? In the 60's, I thought it was a frog, but that seems unlikely. But it looks more like a frog than anything else.

That's more typical of Gibson rather than Epiphone' date=' correct? And what is that symbol on the headstock supposed to be? In the 60's, I thought it was a frog, but that seems unlikely. But it looks more like a frog than anything else.[/quote']

Yeah......The crown on the headstock was also what was on the Gibbys....Again, Very nice..........J

It arrived in a cloth bag made of t-shirt cotton material. Made it look like it was dressed in a nightie. Sexy! I'm going to keep it in that when it's in the case.

He still has one for sale here.

Thanks, Jeff...I just bought the other one!! Did I have any business buying another guitar...NO!

Could I pass that one up? NO, NO, NO!! LOL!! But, it's a MAJOR "Gas Relief," as I have lusted after

a '61 Reissue, forever...but just can't swing (or justify) the "Gibson" price! So, this is GREAT!

Will advise, when I recieve it!

CB

Thanks' date=' Jeff...I just bought the other one!! Did I have any business buying another guitar...NO!

Could I pass that one up? NO, NO, NO!! LOL!! But, it's a MAJOR "Gas Relief," as I have lusted after

a '61 Reissue, forever...but just can't swing (or justify) the "Gibson" price! So, this is GREAT!

CB[/quote']

You're weak man weak....I tell ya....and ya beat me to it ya bastard! Enjoy it looks really nice...like what I think Epi's should look like. That headstock makes it!

You're weak man weak....I tell ya....and ya beat me to it ya bastard! Enjoy it looks really nice...like what I think Epi's should look like. That headstock makes it!

LOL! Yeah, Layboomo, in THIS case, I was "weak!" And damn glad about it, too!

I knew, if I didn't act quickly, one of you other's would snatch it away...So....

Been after a '61 forever...but, as mentioned elsewhere, just couldn't

justify "Gibson" prices. This, seems the perfect (affordable) alternative.

Just hope it gets here, unscathed!

CB

Thanks' date=' Jeff...I just bought the other one!! Did I have any business buying another guitar...NO!

CB[/quote']

I knew that when I posted that link that someone would bite, but I thought it would be Spud (who is cornering the SG market singlehandedly).

I knew that when I posted that link that someone would bite' date=' but I thought it would be Spud (who is cornering the SG market singlehandedly). [/quote']

Well, Spud has plenty (for now, anyway...LOL!). This is my first SG since 1968! Yeah, I know...

"Why so long?" Well, various and assorted reasons, but suffice to say I'm "Stoked" now!

Can't wait!! Thanks, for posting the link, Jeff!

CB

Well' date=' Spud has plenty (for now, anyway...LOL!). This is my first SG since 1968! Yeah, I know...

"Why so long?" Well, various and assorted reasons, but suffice to say I'm "Stoked" now!

Can't wait!! Thanks, for posting the link, Jeff!

CB[/quote']

I hadn't even touched an SG since 1968 (odd synchronicity), which was the year I sold it.

Archived