Gibson Brands Forums

Gold Knob Pointers For My Epi LP

Hello All,

Still new to the forum and looks like a wealth of info. I am looking for some gold knob pointers. I have speed knobs on the guitar and would like to know if the knob pointers will work with speed knobs. If so what is the best place to find them? I have bought from Stewmac and GPR. Also, anyone know where to get a gold switch washer and gold toggle tip?

Thanks

Mike

Most of the pointers I've seen go with the tophat knobs. I've never had a guitar with pointers, but most say that they just catch on your fingers when you reach down quickly to make an adjustment.

I've never seen the pointers in gold. Honestly don't think they exist except in chrome. They will work on an Epi but getting them positioned correctly is a pain in the *** due to the small diameter of the asian pot shafts. But it can be done; some of the Yemana guitars made for the Japanese market even had the pointers installed from the factory...

LPSPindicators.jpg

I have some gold pointers so I know they exist.

I bought a bunch in chrome and gold so I have extras laying around.

They will fit top hats and speed knobs.. in fact even with the fender style domed knobs all you have to do is

push the indicator a little closer to the knob edge.

I have them on the sheraton.. even though there are no numbers on my dome knobs.. I think that's funny. *G*

if you PM me I'll match some up with your style knobs.. see if they fit, and tell you where I got mine.

I haven't found myself touching the pointers at all.. that is, not painfully or something..

I can see why some would not like them, but they're kinda classy looking and handy for finding a certain spot by sight instead of

by ear.

Thanks for the info. Finding gold knob pointers is not necessarily the hitch, it is of course

making sure they fit right. As for why I want them, I am creating a couple of Randy Rhoads modded

LP's. I know that some parts work between Gibson and Epi and others do not. The toughest thing to

locate is the gold toggle switch tip and the gold switch washer.

Thanks again

Mike

Thanks for the info. Finding gold knob pointers is not necessarily the hitch' date=' it is of course

making sure they fit right. As for why I want them, I am creating a couple of Randy Rhoads modded

LP's. I know that some parts work between Gibson and Epi and others do not. The toughest thing to

locate is the gold toggle switch tip and the gold switch washer.

Thanks again

Mike[/quote']

are you referring to these?

http://www.allparts.com/store/knobs-switch-knobs,Category.asp

Yes those are the toggle switch tips, however those are for the Gibson not the Epi. The Epiphone

toggle switch thread is 1/16th diam whereas the Gibson is 1/8th. I had hoped that Schaller might make them

but I have not located anything yet. The same goes for the Switch plate washer.

I will contine to search.

Thanks,

Mike

Yes those are the toggle switch tips' date=' however those are for the Gibson not the Epi. The Epiphone

toggle switch thread is 1/16th diam whereas the Gibson is 1/8th. I had hoped that Schaller might make them

but I have not located anything yet. The same goes for the Switch plate washer.

[/quote']

I've seen plenty of gold toggle switches in metric-sizes.

However I think your looking at a custom job for the washer. I've never seen a gold switchplate-washer, not even on a RR guitar.

WD has cream white and black for switch rings.. but I think AllParts has a gold one.. catalog not handy.

WD has black white cream amber chrome in switch tips.. but they also have a nice switch in gold with gold tip.

WDE76M.

I think Allparts has a gold metric switch tip.

TWANG

Archived