Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone FR 212 - 12 string acoustic - any ideas?

thomg

Hello,

I have an epiphone 12 string acoustic with the Model number FR 212.

Im trying to find out about it and cant find any information about it at all.

It is Japanese built, with the serial number 080315 on a sticker inside the guitar body.

does anybody know anything about this model? Age and value etc.

thanks in advance for any information.

thom.

Hello' date='

I have an epiphone 12 string acoustic with the Model number FR 212.

Im trying to find out about it and cant find any information about it at all.

It is Japanese built, with the serial number 080315 on a sticker inside the guitar body.

does anybody know anything about this model? Age and value etc.

thanks in advance for any information.

thom. [/quote']

I think that model number is actually "PR-212" and was probably the entry level of the "Presentation Series" twelve strings. The serial number could possibly decode to August of 1980 which would be about right considering the Japanese Presentation line was around from 1979 until production was moved to Korea in 1983.

The PR-212 was most-likely a laminated top and body instrument. An "S" designation in these model's model numbers would indicate a solid top. As far as a value I say most certainly less than $300 and probably closer to $200 depending upon condition. The Presentation Series were made by Matsumoku to be a mid-line import guitar competing with models like the Yamaha FG series and higher end, non-Martin copy Sigmas such as the DR-7...what was then the $200-$400 import market niche with the PR-212 nearer the lower end of the PR line.. Post some photos and we'll see what else we can find out for you.

Archived