Gibson Brands Forums

What do you think of this?

pohatu771

I'll address the guitar robe. My feeling is a guitar is to be played and if it gets belt rash or a ding, so be it. I don't by any means mistreat my guitars and those that have bought guitars from me have commented on the great condition. However, I would not go and put some sort of terrycloth robe on my guitars.

If I want to avoid getting it scratched when I'm not playing, I put it in its case. If I want to avoid it getting scratched while its out - I'm careful. I don't need to protects it from a guitar stand, other than knocking it over (the robe wouldn't help avoid that).

A lot of dumb things out there - this is one of them.

edit: oh, and it's being billed as the ultimate guitar protection system.

I thought this was

bank-vault-door--RCN1025.jpg

I'll address the guitar robe. My feeling is a guitar is to be played and if it gets belt rash or a ding' date=' so be it. I don't by any means mistreat my guitars and those that have bought guitars from me have commented on the great condition. However, I would not go and put some sort of terrycloth robe on my guitars.

If I want to avoid getting it scratched when I'm not playing, I put it in its case. If I want to avoid it getting scratched while its out - I'm careful. I don't need to protects it from a tank stand, other than knocking it over (the robe wouldn't help avoid that).

A lot of dumb things out there - this is one of them. [/quote']

+1

No axe gloves or fingerweights for me please.

The only thing "bad ***" about them is you would have to be an *** to buy such bad equipment.

I want to avoid belt rash - I wear my shirt untucked.

I want to strengthen my fingers, I play more and harder chords. Another way is play an acoustic and then go back to the electric.

Anyone who puts a freaking cloth 'rubber' on a guitar to try and protect it from dust while on a stand, does not deserve to own one IMO! Put your rubber somewhere else. I don't care if it's a Gibson, an Epi or whatever it is! *Unless John Lennon himself handed you the guitar prior to 1980 or someone of that iconic status...Play your guitar for crying out loud and go make music!!!

*Means only exception to protection and STILL would NOT have a cloth contraceptive on it!

*Unless John Lennon himself handed you the guitar prior to 1980 or someone of that iconic status...Play your guitar for crying out loud and go make music!!!

*Means only exception to protection and STILL would NOT have a cloth contraceptive on it!

Even more so if he handed it to you after 1980.

Even more so if he handed it to you after 1980.

:-({|=

I figured someone would jump on that so I changed my mind about editing it, good eye! While we are on topic... I read that Yoko made the Gibson rep put on cotton gloves, when handling Lennons original LP Junior when he went to Japan to get specs for the RI. That I can see from a spiritual point of view.

I'll address the guitar robe. My feeling is a guitar is to be played and if it gets belt rash or a ding' date=' so be it. I don't by any means mistreat my guitars and those that have bought guitars from me have commented on the great condition. However, I would not go and put some sort of terrycloth robe on my guitars.

If I want to avoid getting it scratched when I'm not playing, I put it in its case. If I want to avoid it getting scratched while its out - I'm careful. I don't need to protects it from a guitar stand, other than knocking it over (the robe wouldn't help avoid that).

A lot of dumb things out there - this is one of them.

edit: oh, and it's being billed as the ultimate guitar protection system.

I thought this was

[img']http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/bank-vault-door--RCN1025.jpg[/img]

Aw, c'mon J.S., cop one 'o them blue silk bathrobes. The ultimate guitar protection system is a case.

I figured someone would jump on that so I changed my mind about editing it' date=' good eye! While we are on topic... I read that Yoko made the Gibson rep put on cotton gloves, when handling Lennons original LP Junior when he went to Japan to get specs for the RI. That I can see from a spiritual point of view. [/quote']I figured they would do that anyway. That's what they wear when they handle any other museum piece, isn't it?

Anyway, I never gave my opinion. They are quite possibly the stupidest things I've seen all day, and I have a yard full of drunk middle-aged men right now. They don't even look good. The neck and headstock covers are even worse- with the body cover, you can at least play.

I figured someone would jump on that so I changed my mind about editing it' date=' good eye! While we are on topic... I read that Yoko made the Gibson rep put on cotton gloves, when handling Lennons original LP Junior when he went to Japan to get specs for the RI. That I can see from a spiritual point of view. [/quote']

I hesitated out of respect, but we're talking about John here - the guy felt "standards" were confining. As for the cotton gloves, I would do that too. I would also put on a blindfold so I wouldn't see Yoko. Probably some earplugs too, just in case she got the urge to attempt to sing.

Archived