Gibson Brands Forums

Hummonbird Strings

epipeppy

Hi -

I have a DR500-M, recently restrung it with Gibson Masterbuilts, which are the strings from the factory. My next re-string will be with the John Pearse brand. Not that I'm displeased with the Gibson's, they're very good, but the description ("warm and woody") of the JP's sounds interesting enough to me to see how they would sound. Anyone else try them???

Regards

By the way....I tried to "Google" the "Gibson Masterbilt Strings" and had a hard time finding a specific

website that talks exclusively about these strings....

Any suggestions? (I also tried just "Masterbilt Strings" with the same lack of luck)

-Soupy1957

my suggestion

Dean Markley Alchemy PB

Dave

Sounds like great minds think alike (almost), Dave--I use Dean Markley Alchemy GoldBronze strings exclusively and recommend them to all my friends. They not only hold a tune great, they hold their tone for a long time--and GC's most recent sale catalog says 2/$20 now. I think I'll pick up a dozen.....recommend you get yourself one or two, epipeppy.

BTW, epipeppy, I thought I'd mention that I played a Gibson Hummingbird a couple of days ago in Austin, TX. It really makes one realize what an incredible deal the Epiphone model really is--other than a slight playability advantange to the Gibson, I believe them to be quite equal (although the Gibson model did have a pickup and an endpin jack). Congrats on your good choice :( !!

Dugly

you should also check out

www.juststrings.com for deals on guitar strings

The thing to watch out for on all of the recommended web sites is the sometimes hidden shipping costs...

Most orders under $30 typically ship for free, so buy extra sets and save the shipping costs.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a tip no matter what strings you use - especially if you have more than one guitar - don't throw the empty package away, write the date on it & slip it in your guitar case. If you're satisfied with your sound, you'll know what strings to buy next time. If you want to try something new, you'll know what not to buy.

Archived