Gibson Brands Forums

Neck Give on Epiphones

mozahlee

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Acoustic bolt on neck! LOL! I'd love to see that.

I usually play in humbucking mode becuase the noise drives me crazy. But single mode produces some really nice tones...I may give it a whirl. I dont think i'm eliglible to get heavy sounds out of my strat due to the amp I play through. Its fender and sounds better clean or slightly dirty. Full distortion just sounds messy on it. Maybe I could try hooking up a distortion pedal to it?

Try a noise gate or an amp that has it built in. My Roland Cube 60 and my Vox AD50VT 2-12 both control the noise on stage very well. I have NO noise unless I turn around and get within a foot of the amp front. And, that's with the Strat and the Goldtop with P90's. I was very relieved to find that the NG could control the hum from single coils.

Try a noise gate or an amp that has it built in. My Roland Cube 60 and my Vox AD50VT 2-12 both control the noise on stage very well. I have NO noise unless I turn around and get within a foot of the amp front. And' date=' that's with the Strat and the Goldtop with P90's. I was very relieved to find that the NG could control the hum from single coils.[/quote']

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not gigging these days, so its not a huge priority. I'm in transition from bass to guitar so I've got nothing but practice time on my hands. lol. Its something I will definately look into down the road.

Archived