Gibson Brands Forums

Limited Edition Alpine White SG-400 with EMG pickups

Hi Geezer! Glad you found your way over here to our neck of the woods.

I have a regular G400 and like it very much. I just got done playing if for the last 2 hours. I find it hard to put down sometimes. I can only envy your LE with the EMGs.

I'm sure you're going to like it. Make sure to post pics soon after it gets there so we can all be jealous.

Hey All' date='

I just bought a Limited Edition SG-400 with the EMG pickups( still waiting on it's delivery) and was wondering if anyone else has one and what their take is on it.Oh I'm sorry I'm new here and glad to meet ya'll-"Geezer"[/quote']

Yea, now $399 @MF. Regularly $599.

I just saw that earlier today.

Nice Deal.

Thanks for the welcome Brad,I'll post pics as soon as I can.

Metalhed717-Thanks to you also,I hope I'm as lucky as you with the Prophecy.I never played EMG pickups so I'm excited to play this puppy as soon as she gets here.I currently play a Fender 60th Anniversary Strat ( Mexican) in the Silver finish,and recently changed out the pickups for DiMarizo's ( YJM's,neck and middle position and a HS3 at the bridge) I run through a Fender Fm 212R 100watts with the two 12"s. She rocks.

GasJones-Glad to meet ya.I bought my SG at Music123.I saw the ad at Musician's Friend and asked if they could beat or match their price of $399.99(Music123 had it listed for $599.99 as did a few other places)They not only matched it they beat it and I got it for $389.99 with free shipping.Not too shabby,considering the EMG pickups alone are over $200.00.I'll try to post some pics after she arrives.

Later Me Brudders,

"Geezer"

Welcome aboard dude,

Guitar binding now is nothing more than decorative trim on the outside edges of the guitar body, neck and sometimes headstock. Its either plastic or wood. Although several sites I checked says they have used other materials. In the past binding was actually used to hold the parts of the guitar together. Now in most cases its just decorative.

that one seems only available in the u.s. i don't like the colour scheme completely. (better with gold.) but wanted that one as i have a g400 wine red and wanted to try out the difference with the pickups. bloody price drop too!

when you get it show a pic of the fretboard what i hate about my g400 is it is a 62 copy but has white plastic inlays? why did they do that? i bet a 62 sg didn't have that. do all other g400's have mop? i'd like to see if this has it. you never get close up shots on the internet. probably for good reason. doesn't your avatar get tired?

"can someone explain what binding is quickly" if you mean in the nut. just rub some pencil lead in it.

Archived