Gibson Brands Forums

Gotta love those Bazaar guitars...?

sixstring19682

once again, several of those appear to be STOLEN photos of actual epiphone guitars from other sites...the SG Custom and the EJ200EB

definitely appear to be actual guitars (I've seen the SG Custom photo on another legitimate site)...these are NOT the guitars

you will receive...

once again' date=' several of those appear to be STOLEN photos of actual epiphone guitars from other sites...the SG Custom and the EJ200EB

definitely appear to be actual guitars (I've seen the SG Custom photo on another legitimate site)...these are NOT the guitars

you will receive...[/quote']

Thank you, Dub. People need to know that.

I didn't see anything suspicious about the acoustic (J-200?), other than the lack of stickers on the headstock, which are easily removed.

In fact, the only guitars I saw anything obviously fake about were the two EDS-1275/G-1275 models, with incorrect headstocks.

Without explaining why those guitars are fakes, you don't do the public any good.

Perhaps somebody is just trying to increase their post count.

I mean, he posted 16 separate posts for each of those pics.

He could have put all 16 on one post. It would have been much easier to do and saved time.

Not sure why he would he would make it so much harder on himself.

OK mate I've got to ask how do you identify that these are fake??.

You're right they look to the untrained eye to be real' date=' and look good, gee it getting tough.

Cheers

RR[/quote']

Non Les Paul models with TRC's saying they are Les Pauls could be one indicator....unless I'm being stoopid, which is always a possibility ~

Dig

Perhaps somebody is just trying to increase their post count.

I mean' date=' he posted 16 separate posts for each of those pics.

He could have put all 16 on one post. It would have been much easier to do and saved time.

Not sure why he would he would make it so much harder on himself.[/quote']

Only one post was an actual post.

The other 15 posts were counterfeit posts.

No I don't get a commsison on mentioning these guitars,I have read several threads from people asking about guitars they have found on Ebay I suspect that the place that I got the pics from are sorry that I had to post seventeen different post but I just set up my account and didn't know that I could copy the images in one post,and as far as the SG I didn't get the one I wanted posted of the real deal.

As far as the EJ-200 its a counterfeit look at the "o" on the box and headstock this particular group of counterfeiters changed the "O" on both their Epiphone and Gibson knock off's the G-1275 is a no brainer,but thats not the only version there counterfeiting not that the other is hard to sniff out as a fake.

Two of the photos of what is listed on their site as a LP custom plus have date stamps on them which tells me that the pic of the back of the headstock on that one is what you would get from them if you asked for pics of the real items,and for those who want to know where to buy these well I'm not going to speak of that I read on other forums that in the U.K. they have taken to seizing these instruments right at the boat docks or air ports through customs.

Yes their hard to spot as fakes but I got these photos from a place that I know are counterfeiters yet they do not try to disclaim anything they try in broken english to sell these products not only on their own personal web site but on well known trade sites such as Ebay as being the real thing,all in all one post on this thread rings true thats the idea that you don't have to worry about this tupe of thing if you just go to your local music store.

To date I've only purchased two guitar through mail order my EJ-200 came from musicians friend and my G-1275,which my local music store does not stock,I won't post anymore about these or this subject I just wanted to post these pics to show why there seems to be a lot of people questioning rather this or that guitar is real or fake,thanks to all for the input.

"As far as the EJ-200 its a counterfeit look at the "o" on the box and headstock this particular group of counterfeiters changed the "O" on both their Epiphone and Gibson knock off's"

please explain exactly what is wrong with the "o" on the box...and you can actually see the headstock logo clearly?

Archived