Gibson Brands Forums

is there any such thing as an epiphone les paul double cut away guitar?

you know with the selector there it looks like a face! do me a favour could you measure the body thickness with a tape measure. i tried to weigh my guitars on the bathroom scales but they all seemed to come out at half a stone. i think somethings up there. as some are heavier than others.

cool! there are 3 guitar types i managed to get measured in this style including the epiphone dc and they are all about 4.3cm thick. which is about the same as my les paul copy. so apart from the second cutaway they are the same big wood guitars. which makes me pretty happy. i do have a prs copy but while the neck joint gives me access to the high frets the bottom horn hampers my left hand also it's made of poplar. i need mahogany for that les paul tone so another guitar will go into my collection. ithink i need one of these.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/9-Guitar-Rack-Stand-for-Electric-Guitars-Collapsible_W0QQitemZ120290824942QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120290824942&_trkparms=72%3A638%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318

cool! there are 3 guitar types i managed to get measured in this style including the epiphone dc and they are all about 4.3cm thick. which is about the same as my les paul copy. so apart from the second cutaway they are the same big wood guitars. which makes me pretty happy. i do have a prs copy but while the neck joint gives me access to the high frets the bottom horn hampers my left hand also it's made of poplar. i need mahogany for that les paul tone so another guitar will go into my collection. ithink i need one of these.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/9-Guitar-Rack-Stand-for-Electric-Guitars-Collapsible_W0QQitemZ120290824942QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120290824942&_trkparms=72%3A638%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318

I have a couple stands like that and you have to be VERY careful or you're going to ding up your guitars.

As mentioned, the Agile AD-2300 is available. $250 from Rondo Music, twin P-90 pickups, set neck, mahogany body and neck, Korean. The horns and headstock are different from the Epiphone/Gibsons we know and love. The bridge pickup on this one does a really really good impression of Gibson SG. Can't tell them apart. The neck pickup is incredible! Fat, thick, raunchy - and then it gets good! Mine is a Slim Neck, and is about 1/8" narrower at the nut than a Gibson. Easily the equal of guitars costing twice as much money. Only flaws are 2 tiny paint imperfections, one at neck joint, the other on the edge of the headstock. Need a magnifying glass to see them.

Doublecut.jpg

Sorry about photo quality, Brightest sun of the year that day, washed out the nice wine red translucent finish. The blotches are cloud reflections.

Archived