Gibson Brands Forums

What Do You Do With Your Guitar When You're Not Playing It?

Roswell

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
G'day Folks' date='

Mine are all on stands in the small room I use for a study and to practice. However with the next bout of GAS I'm going to have to take a different approach as 4 guitars and two amps is already crowding things a little. (As well as big computer desk) I love seeing the "girls" when I walk into the room so putting them into cases doesn't appeal.

Big Norm's approach looks good with wall hangers and making a feature of them displayed prominently so I may go that way. Dust is a problem as also are grand kids but they know how special Poppies guitars are and treat them with respect by staying away from them. Climate isn't an issue here.

Actually when I look at it wall hanging isn't so practical as I haven't got much wall available so maybe pull this house down and redesign it around the guitars? Then look for a new wife cause this one will have left by then ~

Open to ideas??

Dig[/quote']

Wow, kinda like that couple in that faucet commercial, want that famous architect (sp?) to design a house around the faucet she brings around with her...

G'day Folks' date='

Mine are all on stands in the small room I use for a study and to practice. However with the next bout of GAS I'm going to have to take a different approach as 4 guitars and two amps is already crowding things a little. (As well as big computer desk) I love seeing the "girls" when I walk into the room so putting them into cases doesn't appeal.

Big Norm's approach looks good with wall hangers and making a feature of them displayed prominently so I may go that way. Dust is a problem as also are grand kids but they know how special Poppies guitars are and treat them with respect by staying away from them. Climate isn't an issue here.

Actually when I look at it wall hanging isn't so practical as I haven't got much wall available so maybe pull this house down and redesign it around the guitars? Then look for a new wife cause this one will have left by then ~

Open to ideas??

Dig[/quote']

Here is a wife recommendation, I can't help you with house design

brasil_bikini_01.jpg

Looking for the more outdoor type that likes to hunt?

InvisibleBuck.jpg

or beer drinking companion

beer_girls.jpg

I always keep them on stands. Dust never gets on them when you play them everyday.
I've only had my Dot since Friday and there's noticeable dust on the bottom part of the front of the guitar near where the strap pegs are. It's not thick, but it's there. The actual played part -- e.g. fretboard and near the pickups is dustless, so half an imaginary point to you:-"

Geez...Just Strum made me forget for a second what a guitar was much less where I keep them.

Anyhow some on stands in my studio and some in the closet in cases. I am thinking of an alternative to stands though. Just knocked over my '61 the other day, first time I've ever done that. Landed flat on her face. Nothing happend to it thank God...my hart did skip a few beats, not much breathing for a few seconds and probably the most horrified look I've ever had though. Ha....after that I'll take dust any day.

I go along with Big Norm..wall hangers. I have the LP, Tele, and WildKat on wall hangers, but the acoustic is on a stand in the corner.

Also have 2 amps set up and the plugs hanging from a hook over the amps...that way which ever amp or guitar combo I want to play is just a plug in away.

Capt

At the moment two on stands, the rest in cases, either hard or soft. I'm getting two more stands soon. I'm looking at rearranging my study come practise room it's getting very cramped in here. May be making one of the spare bedrooms into a music room. As long as none of the rug rats come home to roost, it'll be all good. But then again we know kids hey!!

Cheers

RR

I keep mine on stands, mainly because I have no cases, except for one crummy gig bag. On the other hand, my Expert-6 bass stays in it's case in the closet unless I am playing it.

I would problably have less room for my guitars if they were all in cases anyway. I have a pretty small house.

At the moment two on stands' date=' the rest in cases, either hard or soft. I'm getting two more stands soon. I'm looking at rearranging my study come practise room it's getting very cramped in here. May be making one of the spare bedrooms into a music room. As long as none of the rug rats come home to roost, it'll be all good. But then again we know kids hey!!

Cheers

RR[/quote']

I set-up in a spare bedroom, but I still have things in there I would like the wife and kids to remove. Getting rid of a set of drums opened up a lot of space. I keep the door closed during the day because my 19 year old son has friends that play and are in bands and them just staring at my guitars gets me nervous.

Mine are all on stands even the kramer which has a hard case. Keep the bedroom door shut so the crawling nipper doesnt pull them off!! :-s

FOR ANYONE SUFFERING FROM DUST PROBS CHECK THIS UGLY BIT OF KIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AxeGlove-For-Gibson-OR-Epiphone-Les-Paul-Std-Dlx-Custom_W0QQitemZ170245166682QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item170245166682&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

=; No thanks!

Mine are all on stands even the kramer which has a hard case. Keep the bedroom door shut so the crawling nipper doesnt pull them off!! :-s

FOR ANYONE SUFFERING FROM DUST PROBS CHECK THIS UGLY BIT OF KIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AxeGlove-For-Gibson-OR-Epiphone-Les-Paul-Std-Dlx-Custom_W0QQitemZ170245166682QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item170245166682&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

=; No thanks!

Hah, I just saw those when I was looking for used Elitists. Who would ever use that?

Hah' date=' I just saw those when I was looking for used Elitists. Who would ever use that?[/quote']

Probably not a bad idea for an expensive guitar when it's at home or at practice.

I'd like to see someone here play a show with one of those things on their guitar. I might even pay you for the cost if you post pictures. Well, $50 with shipping; maybe not. We could take up a collection.

I am not in a band so I can't do it myself... :-s

EGADS! THose are different from the ones I saw on ebay awhile back. U.G.L.Y.

The ones I saw looked like neoprene or something stretchy.

Is the guitar meant to be played with that thing on it? It looks like a real pain to put on and take off.

And it sure wont help with dust on the front...which is where 90% of my guitar dust is.

EGADS! THose are different from the ones I saw on ebay awhile back. U.G.L.Y.

The ones I saw looked like neoprene or something stretchy.

Is the guitar meant to be played with that thing on it? It looks like a real pain to put on and take off.

And it sure wont help with dust on the front...which is where 90% of my guitar dust is.

Just what we need: ugly lingerie for guitars.

You wouldn't dare gig with it...somebody you knew would see you with it.

Archived