Gibson Brands Forums

Looking Ahead on the Future of My GAS

Roswell

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmm. How much would that run me' date=' do you think?[/quote']

Depending on the shop....50 to 75 bucks. It depends on how bad the local repair guy wants to ream you. (I'd definitely call around and get a price quote on that one...)

If anything, it will go a long ways towards helping a cheaper guitar stay in tune.

EDIT: ON the question of pickups....it depends on what you're looking for. I've seen those go for 60 dollars upwards to 300+ dollars for a set of top of the line Gibson pickups.

That might be one of those things where you would probably hold off until you were certain of what you wanted.

Damned budget o.o I'm afraid I've not too much money to fool around with and the family isn't too thrilled about my guitar habit' date=' so it's mainly "cheap-ish or nothing" sadly.[/quote']

Whenever you feel like that, just upgrade what you've got.

And nobody's family understands their GAS, lol.;)

Yea' date=' sadly the only thing worth upgrading is my Dot and I'm shocking content with it. I fooled around and managed to get the tone knobs working.

And, in order to rub it in, Baby You're a Rich Man is now playing.[/quote']

;) You're gonna have to reword that first sentence.

shockingly content* It's the only guitar I have besides my Strat knock-off (don't want to invest the time upgrading that, it's actually pretty good for the price as it is), and I can't think of anything I want to change, so I'm in "buy new guitar" mode. Next money time will be Christmas, and I'll have a budget for $250 or so plus whatever money I have to add on top of that. Sadly my parents won't just give me the money to save, so it's either get a guitar or nothing.

shockingly content* It's the only guitar I have besides my Strat knock-off (don't want to invest the time upgrading that' date=' it's actually pretty good for the price as it is), and I can't think of anything I want to change, so I'm in "buy new guitar" mode. Next money time will be Christmas, and I'll have a budget for $250 or so plus whatever money I have to add on top of that. Sadly my parents won't just give me the money to save, so it's either get a guitar or nothing.[/quote']

I dunno, fixate on something, and maybe you'll get it. That's how SRV got Lenny.

Yes, but my primary source of income is gifts and such, and my parents don't trust giving me money since they think I'll spend it on dope or something.

Edit: As for want, my next love is a Les Paul sound. Even though both them and the Dots are humbuckers, there's a world of difference in the sound, as you know:-"

I may see if the GC here has one in stock to play with. I think that's one of the models they batter and abuse... err' date=' carry.[/quote']

Hey, you never know....one advantage to that Les Paul 100.....if for any reason you have issues with the neck, you can have it replaced...(granted, no one wants to fathom a busted neck, but let's say 10 years down the road...)

That's true. On the flip side' date=' it's sort of hard to explain to the family whose indirectly paying why I'm getting a new guitar just to send it to the shop to get it changed ;)[/quote']

I can understand that.

ON another thread...I did mention an amplifier. That might be an easier argument to win over with the parents...especially if you're thinking about getting into a band.

I'd agree with that. As for the band point' date=' though, I've yet to find anyone my age whose not GRUNGE LOUD METAL AAAARRGGHHH metalheads.[/quote']

Well, that's always a given, but if you end up composing your own songs, and maybe singing a little......

Archived