Gibson Brands Forums

"Gibson Guitar Corp., Chinese Companies partner"

Muskank Sally

That's a piano?

Or a giant horizontal harp?

The google search for "Chinese Piano".....But, since we are talking Baldwins, there's probably a good chance this is referencing traditional pianos.

But in either case....all I can say is way to tap into those international markets, Gibson! Wow...

The first time I ever saw a steel guitar..

I tried to push the strings down to the frets with the bar.

Then I complained it was too hard to play.

What the (^(* this thing has terrible action!!!!!

I shudder to think what I would have done to that Sentry!

The first time I ever saw a steel guitar..

I tried to push the strings down to the frets with the bar.

Then I complained it was too hard to play.

What the (^(* this thing has terrible action!!!!!

I shudder to think what I would have done to that Sentry!

Ha! About 12 years ago I had a roommate who owned a 1950's laptop steel guitar, sans case. He showed me how to play it (with screams not to push the strings down!)

It was a fun instrument...especially with the slide...

Before foot and knee surgery ended my pedal steel playing days, I kept one set up in my studio just so I could watch really accomplished guitarists try to play it.

I noticed the article cited Epiphone's "Masterbuilt" series. Masterbuilt? Is that descriptive, or merely a pious hope? It reminds me of car manufacturers propensity to name their lamest underpowered slugs with macho names -- there's an inverse relationship between their capabilities and their names.

I noticed the article cited Epiphone's "Masterbuilt" series. Masterbuilt? Is that descriptive' date=' or merely a pious hope? It reminds me of car manufacturers propensity to name their lamest underpowered slugs with macho names -- there's an inverse relationship between their capabilities and their names.[/quote']

Wow. Just reading that took me back about 20 years when they compared the Yugo to the once great VW Beetle of the 70's.

Ha

LOL. Ha.

Yugo....Yea, they were cheap alright. Thank god my mother never bought one, but my grandparents were the VW Beetle duo couple...they had one in Yellow (hers) and one in Orange (his), one a '72 and one a '73 Super Beetle.

You just can't get that no more. And the new VW don't count. Too little too late.

Archived