Gibson Brands Forums

MLB Team Epiphone Anyone?

Dr. Killmore

I was thinking it would be a cool idea if Epiphone put out a Les Paul Special with Baseball team colors and logos on them. They could make one for each MLB team. I am a big New York Yankeess fan and would love to see a Yankees axe. Nothing over the top. Midnight blue maybe with the NY logo behind the tail piece and perhaps the Yankees script logo on the headstock where the Les Paul signature goes.

I never cared for the University logo Specials that Epiphone put out a few years ago. I just thought it would be a cool Idea. What do you guys think?

I was thinking it would be a cool idea if Epiphone put out a Les Paul Special with Baseball team colors and logos on them.

Heck' date=' if you're into that, make yourself a one of a kind! [i']Just post the pics so we can steal your idea if we like it![/i]

forget MLB and the rest of it...I obviously need to paint my G-400 in UNC colors.

Go Heels beat Dook' date=' etc.

So says an Englishman who went to Carolina.[/quote']

I do like the UNC color scheme. It's similar to Fender's Daphne blue. I love the color on Stratocasters. A G-400 in that color would be unique and quite eye catching.

I was thinking it would be a cool idea if Epiphone put out a Les Paul Special with Baseball team colors and logos on them. They could make one for each MLB team. I am a big New York Yankeess fan and would love to see a Yankees axe. Nothing over the top. Midnight blue maybe with the NY logo behind the tail piece and perhaps the Yankees script logo on the headstock where the Les Paul signature goes.

I never cared for the University logo Specials that Epiphone put out a few years ago. I just thought it would be a cool Idea. What do you guys think?

I was a little mixed on the idea, but I could see it selling if it tastefully done. Instead of cigarette burn on the headstock, you could have tobacco spit on it.

Seriously, tastefully done and not over priced, I could see it.

I was a little mixed on the idea' date=' but I could see it selling if it tastefully done. Instead of cigarette burn on the headstock, you could have tobacco spit on it.

Seriously, tastefully done and not over priced, I could see it.[/quote']

Yeah, I'm not talking about baseball shaped knobs or bat shaped headstocks or even gigantic logos (like the Collegiate Series). Simplicity would be the key.

I was a little mixed on the idea' date=' but I could see it selling if it tastefully done. Instead of cigarette burn on the headstock, you could have tobacco spit on it.

Seriously, tastefully done and not over priced, I could see it.[/quote']

Oh Just Strum, you're still a bit upset about it: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=273320194

Seriously though, I'm English and I support Leicester City. Any other British person on this board will tell you that I know what disappointment feels like!! So no hard feelings!

Archived