Gibson Brands Forums

Need help finding a hard case for shipping 12-string

bightchee

Years ago I purchased a left-handed twelve-string acoustic-electric (hyphens!) from a pawn shop. I had it flipped to a righty for cheap and loved it until I had to leave it behind when I moved across the country. I have never found a case that fit it and wish to ship it from California to New York (and again in the future if necessary).

Over the phone my dad tells me it's an Epiphone with the sound hole sticker telling him "PR 35 U 12 E". Really I called for the measurements to see if I could find a case and none so far. 44" H x 15.5" W x 5" D

Also not to be forgotten are the two knobs on its shoulder for the electronics. Those seem to always be in the way in a case.

Does anyone have experience shipping over-sized acoustic guitars? What case could fit this?

Does anyone have experience shipping over-sized acoustic guitars? What case could fit this?

Well, not yet, but I'm hoping! I have on order an Epiphone AJ500RC, a jumbo bodied 12-fretter design which has an elongated body, and it takes a special guitar case. We've been able to source the case from Epiphone, but the guitar seems to be playing hide and seek.

Contact Sweetwater, you can probably get their toll free number at

http://www.sweetwater.com

and ask for Mark Brody. He's familiar with the chase for this case, so he might be able to help you.

Good luck--just FYI, the case we've obtained is like a hardshell "gig-bag", not the usual type of case. I have one of them, am not impressed with it, but at this point the case we have seems to be the only game in town.

Dugly

Some Epiphones of that era had a mutantly long headstock. 12Wires even more so. Electronics on the shoulder seem unusual. Might be an aftermarket installed by someone not thinking of casing it. If you're in a hurry to get it on a one way ticket, have the sender check guit tar shops. They should have cardboard boxes their guitars have arrived in. They might be a sport and give it to you.

I have an epiphone 12 string...the hard case it came with is more than big enough for the large headstock, so they are

definitely available...as for the knobs, sometimes you can remove the plastic knob and the shaft is shorter, you may also

be able to make an indentation or incision in the case lining that makes room for the knobs...

Archived