Gibson Brands Forums

Invader inquiry

ladyscaglyc

Saw what looked to be an Epi LPJr/Melodymaker style in old style tobacco sunburst,

w/ an uncovered humbucker only in bridge position.

Intend to try it out in a day or two. (The local Pawn shop)

Will a (Wildcat style) Chrome P-90 cover the routing of the HB (if I can find one)

And why not- I'm GASing for a P-90 to round off the sound of my'82 Strat & White Falcon w/ Dynas.

If it plays nice, is the asking price of $120.US worth it for a vertical "Invader" on the headstock?

Don't really know much about 'em- any thoughts about the axe and/or the mod would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Vin

Will a (Wildcat style) Chrome P-90 cover the routing of the HB (if I can find one)

Not quite... but close. Maybe one of the many humbucker-sized P-90s on the market would be a better way to go.

If it plays nice' date=' is the asking price of $120.US worth it for a vertical "Invader" on the headstock?[/quote']

Huh? Invader? $120 seems a bit steep for a used HB-equipped Junior. It's be different if it was one of the P-90 ones, especially one of the ones that didn't come with a plywood body. $75? Heck, I just picked up a used Ibanez G-10 with two humbuckers for $75...

Archived