Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone needs to redo the G-400...

superjudge3

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that the G-400 should come with the full pickguard standard, and have a limited edition with the smaller PG, since (oh boy I think I'm going to get flamed for this one) most people prefer the bigger Pickguard. It would be the opposite of what it is now, with the '66 being the one with the larger PG.

I think the vintage should be bigger pickguard, standard smaller.

Full gloss should be shown off, satin should have a bigger guard.

IMO.

Also, thicker SG isn't a bad thing if you ask me. Beveling is comfy, if not perfect.

Knobs don't drive me mad either way.

White binding would be awesome

I want an epi G-400 with headstock binding, too...

I think the vintage should be bigger pickguard' date=' standard smaller.

Full gloss should be shown off, satin should have a bigger guard.

IMO.

Also, thicker SG isn't a bad thing if you ask me. Beveling is comfy, if not perfect.

Knobs don't drive me mad either way.

White binding would be awesome

I want an epi G-400 with headstock binding, too...[/quote']

part of the reason I sold my G400 was the craptastic beveling, after getting an Elite with proper beveling the g400 was the most uncomfortable thing my right forearm could imagine by comparison

I'm a fan of the bigger pickguard too, though I'm definitely not a kid nor have I even seen random modern punk guitarists. I have Angus Young to thank I guess.

I'm been waiting for some money to pick up an Epi '66 G-400, but all of the experts here (and I don't say that sarcastically) keep ripping the G-400. It's getting like Maalox for my GAS :-

part of the reason I sold my G400 was the craptastic beveling' date=' after getting an Elite with proper beveling the g400 was the most uncomfortable thing my right forearm could imagine by comparison

[/quote']

Heh...

Try playing an ash tele followed by a non-relieved les paul.

ANY beveling will feel like a godsend...

What are the differences between the other Epi models compared to their Gibson counterparts? I dont mean PUs and basic hardware differences. I mean body cuts, knob positioning and so on. I dont see anyone talking about any other Epi guitars in these regards.

I prefer the small pg.

And dubstar, I could put up pics of some of the same players as you that also have used the small pg as well; including Angus. So clear your throat all you want. (lol)

I prefer the small pg.

And dubstar' date=' I could put up pics of some of the same players as you that also have used the small pg as well; including Angus. So clear your throat all you want. (lol)[/quote']

and brad, your point is? because mine was a direct response to this statement:

"where do u get this "most people" estimate?

if anything my observations are the opposite outside of kids who want it to look like the standards more commonly played by random modern punk guitarists"

...which implied that those who currently favor the large pickguard are somehow influenced by

random contemporary "punk" (LOL...time to redefine the term) guitarists...which I think is hardly the

case, as many older and younger players could care less about these players...and if you read the thread

and other similar ones, you might have noticed that I have stated that I like both pickguards...(lol)

Am I the only one who's sick of complaining about Epis' date=' but never getting a response (from Epi)?[/quote']

It may be naive to think of this forum as a "suggestion box". Complaining, suggesting

and other forms of mental masturbation about the products is a waste of time and

energy, IMHO. If you enjoy discussing it-would-be-nice-if stuff, fine. But don't fool

yourselves that it has any effect whatsoever on the product.

It may be naive to think of this forum as a "suggestion box". Complaining' date=' suggesting

and other forms of mental masturbation about the products is a waste of time and

energy, IMHO. If you enjoy discussing it-would-be-nice-if stuff, fine. But don't fool

yourselves that it has any effect whatsoever on the product.[/quote']

+1

So many on here think this forum is some kind of direct link to the Epi execs. and that somehow if they complain long enough they will have an effect. That's incredibly naive.

Archived