Gibson Brands Forums

Is there any one Epiphone that will cure your GAS?

The_Sentry

[-(

OK, maybe not....

8-[

But if you could custom design your own Epiphone, what would you do to it? (Any model, any mod, no price limit)...

And if this topic has been done before, I apologize in advance, but it seems like an interesting subject to kill time (and, promote...more GAS...hahahaha)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Sheraton with regular-sized humbuckers and a trapeze tailpiece and a Gibson-shaped head.

That would be something. Are there any models out there that are similar to what you want? (And geez dude....8 Epiphones? I'm jealous! That's a lot of GAS...)

Les Paul Black Beauty with Gibson 57 Classics, 6-way switch, 3 volume, 1 tone, American-made electronics, real mahogany body and neck, Bigsby, bone nut, ebony fretboard, MOP inlays, nitro finish, Gibson headstock and two screw truss rod cover.

I'd be the happiest guy in the world.

:-

Hahaha....OK then...

How about a left handed Dot with....Gibson Humbuckers or burstbukers' date=' locking tuners, and a custom nut?[/quote']Add a bit of a less dreary sunburst, and you have changed my mind.

A similarly equipped Les Paul (maybe with P90s instead?) added into the package would also be accepted.

Hey' date=' we can do more than one? My #2 would be a Les Paul double-cut in root beer. Not the flat slab type...the shaped, contoured type.[/quote']

Yeah....since a lot of vehicles have more than one tank in which to store GAS....

Hahahah.....

Hey Roswell, how about these?

(2 tanks for GAS)...

1st Guitar...

6077.jpg

Epiphone Sheraton II (leftie) modified with Gibson Humbuckers (490/498 series), Gibson green keys, custom nut, jumbo frets, straplocks, and Gibson Pots and Caps?

2nd Guitar....(Just for the sake of being completely ridiculous...)

EPIPHONE+ENJRLVSCH1.JPG

Left handed Epiphone vintage sunburst Les Paul Special II with a replacement Warmouth neck (solid maple neck with ebony fingerboard ), locking tuners (black), replacement bridge (black), Gibson Tony Iommi pickups (black), custom bone nut, straplocks, and a rewire job with the the tone knob killed in place of a second volume knob, and each containing 1 meg pots for more punch and high end against the Iommi pickups?

If you already have bought more than one guitar, than you know that no guitar will cure gas. There are guitars that will deplete funds, but no guitar will cure GAS.

Think about it - you married guys, how many times have you said "I promise, this is the last one"?

There is just no cure. You can treat the symptom, but you can't cure the sickness. Face reality, you have a sickness.

If you already have bought more than one guitar' date=' than you know that no guitar will cure gas. There are guitars that will deplete funds, but no guitar will cure GAS.

Think about it - you married guys, how many times have you said "I promise, this is the last one"?

There is just no cure. You can treat the symptom, but you can't cure the sickness. Face reality, you have a sickness.[/quote']

Oh noz!!!

There is ONE guitar out there that will satisfy this GAS!!!!

Hence why I'm semi-hesitant to buy an expensive guitar. It won't help :(

Not even buying the cheaper guitar helps....

Case in point? The leftie LP Custom (pictured in my avatar).

The guitar was about 680 with shipping.

Factor in a 75 dollar nut, 40 dollar fret levelling job (I got it with the nut...total cost was around 105 dollars...I also had some saddles filed for ease of playing, but they ended up on my other guitar), 325 dollars for pickups (burstbucker pros with alcino V's...and yes, I like saying that for some weird reason :P ), 30 dollar straplocks, 25 dollar saddles, 25 dollar guitar strap, 130 dollar hardshell case, and multiple string changes when I was enduring my Obsession phase with it....

Total cost? Around $1,350 dollars. That's not exactly cheap....but it does play nice!

(Irony: I like my 400 dollar used LP standard just as much...the pickups aren't as good, but the locking tuners are really nice.)

I wish there was a lefty LP studio.

Like this one? (Now keep in mind...NO' date=' I do NOT get GAS at all!!!)

[img']http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s239/The_Sentry_album/l_2dc546cef66288cf6cf86cce0a6e2648.jpg[/img]

OK, seriously.....you know something? I blame THIS GUITAR for my Epiphone purchases! I got one Epiphone LP to keep mileage off the Gibson (which I pretty much keep shiney and leave in the case), but then THAT Epiphone was so nice I got YET ANOTHER ONE for a travel guitar!

This is worse than smoking crack!!!

You're not helping ._.

I'm going to go look at all the Epiphone models I can afford that are not left handed, the ones I can't afford that are, and the ones I can afford that are left handed and pieces of crap to stimulate my GAS ^^

Like this one? (Now keep in mind...NO' date=' I do NOT get GAS at all!!!)

[img']http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s239/The_Sentry_album/l_2dc546cef66288cf6cf86cce0a6e2648.jpg[/img]

OK, seriously.....you know something? I blame THIS GUITAR for my Epiphone purchases! I got one Epiphone LP to keep mileage off the Gibson (which I pretty much keep shiney and leave in the case), but then THAT Epiphone was so nice I got YET ANOTHER ONE for a travel guitar!

This is worse than smoking crack!!!

[GASP!] In rootbeer too!!

Hello everyone my name is Capt...and I am a GASaholic

My 12 steps turned into the 12 bar blues

I can't help myself

I plead insanity..I am just crazy about guitars!

lol

Capt

Hey, I can control my drinking far easier than my GAS. With GAS, the next morning, you still have the axe.

I'd like either a REAL firebird (neck through, banjo tuners, minihumbuckers, etc) or a REAL les paul deluxe.

Get some minihums up in this *****.

But a total cure for GAS?

A BFG(that is, the textured wood finish) with an alnico minihumbucker neck(maybe even neck-mounted, minimal routing), P-90 middle, gibson pickup bridge.

The middle volume would be wired AFTER the switch as a blend, standard 3-way switch.

Master tone. Volumes for bridge/neck independent.

Not weight relived.

Bigsby, duh. Distressed would look damn cool. The knobs I'd like with wood that had roman numerals carved in for numbers.

Locking tuners, bone or graphite nut, maple fretboard(yes, I think that'd be cooler) with wood binding.

Either a varitone or have every pot on the thing be push-pull. (split(mini), reverse phase(P90), split(bucker), series(all))

And have a long tenon neck, slim taper or unfinished on back(except for headstock).

That seems like it could do pretty much anything I can think of.

Archived