Gibson Brands Forums

epiphone les paul gothic (china or korea?)

kevin mask

where's the gothic series officialy made? korea or china? cause there's a guy who's gonna sell me one for 200 euros but I read it's made in China and I heard that chinese epiphones are horrible compared to the korean ones, so I was wondering if the gothic series consists of 2 models, korean and chinese, and if their provenance would define the quality of the instrument, anybody could clarify me this issue please?

The EE chinese guitars are like any other Epi series, there are good and bad. I had a few that were excellent so you can't generalize like that. The serial number from the guitar will tell you where it was made.

The EE chinese guitars are like any other Epi series' date=' there are good and bad. I had a few that were excellent so you can't generalize like that. The serial number from the guitar will tell you where it was made.[/quote']

I'm not generalizing, I'm just telling what I've heard cause I never had an epiphone, and I said that the les paul gothic I could buy for 200 euros is made in china, no need to read the serial No, it's written behind the neck.

What I'd like to know is where the goth series is officialy made

Man you are one obtuse bugger. ALL Epiphones are subject to varying and unspecified countries of manufacture. Epiphone has their own plant in China, where most of the guitars come from currently, but they also subcontract to various manufacturers in China, Korea and Indonesia. There is no 'official' standard for this and we can't make it any clearer and you basically have to live with what you get. Also the idea that the Chinese guitars are 'horrible' compared to the Korean ones is absurd. 'What you have heard' is BS. It varies from specimen to specimen with the possibility of getting a crap guitar no matter where it was made.

if questions rile you ****ers up don't even sign up a forum with no respect really' date=' get lost[/quote']

Questions don't rile 'us ****ers'; however when somebody asks the same question multiple times in the same thread... and you have one heck of a lot of attitude for a rank still-wet newbie, pal. If it bothers you to be called 'obtuse'...then maybe try actually reading people's replies to your questions.

Kevin

You might want to reconsider your attitude. You come to the forum with no previous posts under your belt asking questions and making statements like "I hear all Chinese Epiphones are crap". Spud (RotcanX), one of the most knowledgeable posters on this forum (who has been here a long time) tried to tell you (correctly) that you cannot generalize Epis based on the country of origin. There are great Chinese Epis. There are crap Chinese Epis. There are great Korean Epis. There are crap Korean Epis.

Goth LPs were made in both China and Korea.

I'm trying to help you out here. Coming in brand new to the forum and throwing bombs at one of the guys who is apt to give you the best advise (which, I remind you, you came here to get) is not going to make you any friends nor is it apt to get you the answer to the question you came here looking for.

The forum was here before you graced us with your presence and will be here in the future whether you stay or not. It's up to you whether you get anything positive out of it or not. The rest of us really don't give a **** either way.

each model could be made both in korea and china or only certain models are? that's what I wanna make sure

You look at the serial number and the first letter or letters tell you what factory and where it is...if you know how to read it Kevin. If not you post the letter or letters and at least the next 4 numbers and if you haven't pissed everyone off by then you will get your answer, along with the year and month it was made there.

Folks on here try to help...till some smart *** comes along and thinks they don't know what they are talking about

then the gloves come off most times...lol

Capt

yes' date=' and you're an arrogant moron, I'm asking questions, if questions rile you ****ers up don't even sign up a forum

with no respect really, get lost

[/quote']

You really are clueless, I answered your question way up there. Read it.

Hopefully Kevin has departed to another forum that welcomes people who have communication and anger issues.

Using language like you did shows everyone who you are.

Nobody was arrogant and certainly nobody acted like a moron.

You were the best example of that Mr. Mask.

Kevin

You might want to reconsider your attitude. You come to the forum with no previous posts under your belt asking questions and making statements like "I hear all Chinese Epiphones are crap". Spud (RotcanX)' date=' one of the most knowledgeable posters on this forum (who has been here a long time) tried to tell you (correctly) that you cannot generalize Epis based on the country of origin. There are great Chinese Epis. There are crap Chinese Epis. There are great Korean Epis. There are crap Korean Epis.

Goth LPs were made in both China and Korea.

I'm trying to help you out here. Coming in brand new to the forum and throwing bombs at one of the guys who is apt to give you the best advise (which, I remind you, you came here to get) is not going to make you any friends nor is it apt to get you the answer to the question you came here looking for.

The forum was here before you graced us with your presence and will be here in the future whether you stay or not. It's up to you whether you get anything positive out of it or not. The rest of us really don't give a **** either way. [/quote']

dear tulsaslim, your most knowledgeable poster doens't understand english, he got me wrong twice, therefore I tried again to make myself understood by explaining what I really wanted to know, but yet he got the wrong end of the stick, plus another smarty pants butted in using a provoking language, so either your knowledgeable posters took the short bus to school or very long time has passed since your knowledgeable posters last had sex.

I never generalized, I just heard rumors and I was looking for a clarification here since I never had an epi in my life and was planning to buy one , if I'd wanted to generalize I wouldn't have posted here and never turned to you don't you think? so be cool please

dear tulsaslim' date=' your most knowledgeable poster doens't understand english, he got me wrong twice, therefore I tried again to make myself understood by explaining what I really wanted to know, but yet he got the wrong end of the stick, plus another smarty pants butted in using a provoking language, so either your knowledgeable posters took the short bus to school or very long time has passed since your knowledgeable posters last had sex.

I never generalized, I just heard rumors and I was looking for a clarification here since I never had an epi in my life and was planning to buy one , if I'd wanted to generalize I wouldn't have posted here and never turned to you don't you think? so be cool please[/quote']

What??????

You didn't write 1 complete sentence or write 1 complete thought in all those words used, but your stating that someone else doesn't understand english????

"if I'd wanted to generalize I wouldn't have posted here and never turned to you don't you think? so be cool please"

THIS LINE MAKES ABSOLUTLEY KNOW SENSE AT ALL! And if you think it does, than you really need help; in more ways than one. And your asking US to be cool????? What about you???

Your apparent lack of English abilities and very poorly thought-out insults are neither impressive nor do they accomplish anything. You were answered, and chose to ignore the answer. No one is at fault, nor does anybody "not understand English", but yourself.

This is a generally welcoming community to newer users, but when you enter a forum as a new member and proceed to tell knowledgeable, respected members of the community, then proceed to state that you "rile [us] ****ers up" because you chose to ignore an answer to your question, it is unreasonable to expect anything in return.

Hm,a very nice attitude,you ask questions,you get answers.This place has been and no doubt always will be a great source of valid info to myself and countless others.I havn`t been here that long myself,but i reckon long enough to back up the more senior members,i think you really need to re think your attitude before responding with remarks you have used.These guys know what they`re talking about,get either some respect,or therapy.Ok,i`ve had my rant,back to playing.

dear tulsaslim' date=' your most knowledgeable poster doens't understand english, he got me wrong twice, therefore I tried again to make myself understood by explaining what I really wanted to know, but yet he got the wrong end of the stick, plus another smarty pants butted in using a provoking language, so either your knowledgeable posters took the short bus to school or very long time has passed since your knowledgeable posters last had sex.

I never generalized, I just heard rumors and I was looking for a clarification here since I never had an epi in my life and was planning to buy one , if I'd wanted to generalize I wouldn't have posted here and never turned to you don't you think? so be cool please[/quote']

your a funny guy kevin

What??????

You didn't write 1 complete sentence or write 1 complete thought in all those words used' date=' but your stating that someone else doesn't understand english????

"if I'd wanted to generalize I wouldn't have posted here and never turned to you don't you think? so be cool please"

THIS LINE MAKES ABSOLUTLEY KNOW SENSE AT ALL! And if you think it does, than you really need help; in more ways than one. And your asking US to be cool????? What about you???[/quote']

so go back to school and study the third conditional chump, if you put your mind to it you might find a sense in my sentences

"The third conditional chump?" What happened to the first conditional chump and the 2nd conditional chump?

Man, I've never seen anyone torpedo themselves on this forum any quicker than you just did. One post & you've already alienated everyone here. Good luck at the next place you go looking for answers.

I torpedoed myself on a forum once. It was a cycle forum by which this long time poster started PMing me and wanting to virtually hook up. After some twist and turns I ended up getting Posting- Beat until I got banned from the site. Certainly a clicky group they were.

I'm new here too and I have seen a lot of good stuff come from this forum. Top notch information, very knowledgeable group and lots of great advice.

Based on the stuff I have learned here, I have really appreciated my Epi LP even more. I am buying another one and rebuilding another. In short, the information I've needed to understand and learn I have learned from this site.

A big thanks goes out to everyone.

.....first rate forum in my book

:(

Archived