Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Custom variations

The_Sentry

General question in terms of cosmetics and electronics on the LP customs:

Do you think it would be worth it for Epiphone to release a LP custom variation with EMG's, and on the black model...associated black hardware? (or, even on the white models as well...)

I'm mindful of the Kirk Hammett model based on this question...

07gib_1968lpc_khs.jpg

EDIT: I'm also mindful of whether or not these would be marketeable in a limited edition form. (hmmm....well....you know....it does compete a bit with the Prophecy models....still...)

2nd Edit: Epiphone's already done this once.....limited edition Midnight. It did get rave reviews...

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/epiphone/les_paul_custom_midnight_limited_edition/index.html

That would look pretty sweet! (and timely since Metallica's about to release a new album...)

Yeah, chrome binding on a fingerboard might be cool too, and if there's chrome, why not GOLD binding?

And, like I went overboard with the BFG stuff, GOLD STRINGS!!!!

Metallica exists after the napster **** and decline in quality of music thereafter?

I shall yet remember them as they were, not as they have become.

Anyway, yes, it'd be an AWESOME marketing idea, particularly if kirk hammet would sign his name and take pictures with the thing.

Yeah' date=' chrome binding on a fingerboard might be cool too, and if there's chrome, why not GOLD binding?

And, like I went overboard with the BFG stuff, GOLD STRINGS!!!!

Metallica exists after the napster **** and decline in quality of music thereafter?

I shall yet remember them as they were, not as they have become.

Anyway, yes, it'd be an AWESOME marketing idea, particularly if kirk hammet would sign his name and take pictures with the thing.[/quote']

Yeah....it's too bad Metallica also endorses that other brand.......:-#

(even though they record with Gibsons!)

But, speaking of that binding, imagine the possibilities with existing models!

Example: A black Epiphone Les Paul Custom with chrome binding, fret markers, and hardware....or, the cherry red or olympic white models with gold binding, fret markers, and gold hardware.....

Hmmmm.....I think there's still LP Custom silverburst models out there...but I'm wondering if this guitar would look better with some EMG-style pickups and black hardware...and a bit more black on the edges.....

EPIPHONE.jpg

EDIT:

Something more like THIS...

june_tn.jpg

Archived