Gibson Brands Forums

Beginner thinking of EPI LP 100

rbc

I've only had the fortune of recording slide guitar as I've never had an electric that was suitable for recording anything else. I might just go for the minicube and upgrade in the future if I ever have a need.

Well, if you have some cash left over, you could invest in a Boss Micro BR recorder for 200 bucks.....now THOSE are great!! Bounce up to 32 tracks, 80 built in amp samplers, and mix down to wave files or mp3. It also has click tracks and some cheesey drum tracks as well!!! (Awesome for field recording! It's about the size of a cell phone, and it uploads files onto your computer through a USB interface.)

Anyways......:D

Hmm. Looks intriguing. The Roland Microcube and a case for my Dot (archtops without a case is never clever...) will run me about $200, which means I'll have $50 plus any other money I have saved up for my GAS (or to save for it.)

Hmm. Looks intriguing. The Roland Microcube and a case for my Dot (archtops without a case is never clever...) will run me about $200' date=' which means I'll have $50 plus any other money I have saved up for my GAS (or to save for it.)[/quote']

50 bucks you say?

If it was me? I'd put some TLC into that Strat of yours......(There's other ways to alleviate the GAS...including upgrading your guitars. )

I'll probably do that. Surprisingly, I'm very happy with the Dot. I may use it to have a new nut made, though.

Edit: I've never had the luck of playing the Dot through a Roland Microcube, so do the instruments actually sound like themselves or just the shitty one-size-fits-all tone my current practice amp produces?

I'll probably do that. Surprisingly' date=' I'm very happy with the Dot. I may use it to have a new nut made, though.

[i']Edit: I've never had the luck of playing the Dot through a Roland Microcube, so do the instruments actually sound like themselves or just the shitty one-size-fits-all tone my current practice amp produces?[/i]

Yes, the instruments sound like themselves. I notice a lot of difference when I plug my Gibson into it vs. one of my Epiphones vs. my strats (and all have unique tones and voicings to them.) There's also multiple channels from clean to slight crunch to Marshall crunch to insane distortion...

(review)

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/guitar_amplifiers/roland/micro_cube/

OP: Alpine white?

It's a great color!!! (All I can say is this is the SECOND time in 2 days I've heard about the ladies going for the alpine white!! Sigh,....maybe i need to get another custom.....d'oh!)

Would anybody care to comment on the 55 point "inspection setup" that Sweetwater provides when you order thru them?

My thinking is since I am pretty isolated here in the Keys it might be smart to get it done for the extra $50 it will cost. Extra $50 because they don't Have Alpine white but the Cherry and that is $349 VS $ 249.

thanks

rbc

Archived