Gibson Brands Forums

domestic model for sale in China..is it real or fake?

DimebagFan

Hi guys;

I found Epi.Black beauty for really good price(400$). I asked the seller why price is so low, he told me "it is domestic model for sale in China, made in Quing Dao Epiphone factory".

What do u guys thinking, is it fake?

And is there a way to check if it is fake or real,i know guitar has the serial number,but how can i be sure serial number actually belongs that guitar?May be they just write down an original old epi serial number on the guitar.

And the seller told me , he can get the export model for 650$.Do u guys think is there a big quality difference between 400$ one, and 650$ one?

Thanks for the welcome, and fast reply Willy;

It is brand new, coming with the box.(Box has epi.logo,like the original ones)

I'm buying online,not a certified dealer.And the price(400$) including hard case as well!! Little fishy ,eh?

"And the seller told me , he can get the export model for 650$.Do u guys think is there a big quality difference between 400$ one, and 650$ one?"

the main difference will be that there there is no such thing as a "domestic" model"...

Well DimebagFan, the guitar you are looking at has the distinction of being one of Epiphone's most faked guitars! Apparently the Epiphone counterfeinting hierarchy looks like this:

Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul models

Slash Signature Epiphone Les Paul

Ace Frehley Les Paul

Epiphone "Black Beauty" (Les Paul Custom)

Epiphone Arctic White Les Paul

Epiphone Silverburst Les Paul

Makes sense when you think about it - particularly sought after instruments...

I guess that means if you find a Gibson Nighthawk on e-bay then it's probably genuine(!)

Doesn't sound right at all.

Check back after tomorrow morning....Many of the other members have more knowledge on the subject.

P.S. Are you from Michigan? If your icon is a picture of you' date=' you look like an old friend I used to know.[/quote']

Nope, i' m from Canada.I guess there are lots of Dime fans, all around the world:)

I am not sure the guitar directly shipped from China. I found the add online, but picking up local only.

But you could be right, he is also sellling the Zakk Wylde , and arctic white models as well.

Well DimebagFan' date=' the guitar you are looking at has the distinction of being one of Epiphone's most faked guitars! Apparently the Epiphone counterfeinting hierarchy looks like this:

Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul models

Slash Signature Epiphone Les Paul

Ace Frehley Les Paul

Epiphone "Black Beauty" (Les Paul Custom)

Epiphone Arctic White Les Paul

Epiphone Silverburst Les Paul

Makes sense when you think about it - particularly sought after instruments...

I guess that means if you find a Gibson Nighthawk on e-bay then it's probably genuine(!)

[/quote']

Doesn't sound right at all.

Check back after tomorrow morning....Many of the other members have more knowledge on the subject.

P.S. Are you from Michigan? If your icon is a picture of you' date=' you look like an old friend I used to know.[/quote']

Dude, that's a picture of DimeBag Darrell in his Avatar. Guitarist from Pantera.

Archived