Gibson Brands Forums

Heresy - removing the pickguard "e"

JefferySmith

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there's one in the post I made about GAS money. Contact the guy tell him you want to take it for a test drive. I never saw that guitar until it was posted here. Interesting looking. It either has a lot of tone options or it's actually the control panel for the space shuttle.

That concept flopped on the Fender Jaguar.

I think that a laminated black ES 335 pickguard would look best on it. Do I remove my existing pickguard and trace it on paper?

You can trace it' date=' but I just sent him my original. That way there was less chance of error, on my part. He will contact you before actually cutting it to make sure he is doing exactly what you want. I am very pleased with mine, it looks great and the holes lined up perfectly.

[img']http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q232/jcwillow777/Dot/Dot-Body.jpg[/img]

Heretic' date=' indeed! Actually I have the alternative problem...I'm going to treat myself to a new (natural finish) Sheraton in the next few weeks. I actually don't like the reddish brown coloured pickguard that comes with the guitar - instead I want a white pearl coloured one.[/quote']

This guy related to you, G&F?

You can trace it' date=' but I just sent him my original. That way there was less chance of error, on my part. He will contact you before actually cutting it to make sure he is doing exactly what you want. I am very pleased with mine, it looks great and the holes lined up perfectly.

[img']http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q232/jcwillow777/Dot/Dot-Body.jpg[/img]

I know this is a pick guard thread, but I had to say - very nice guitar jc

The Epiphone Professional came with a special amplifier that you could control via the switches on the guitar.

Those 'E' logos pretty much fall off by themself; just say 'boo!' and it'll pop off. Half the time we find them rattling around in the box the guitar came in. Lighter fluid is definitely the best way to clean the glue off and yes, I still have and use a Zippo lighter.

Not sure if you can get it over there but "Eucalyptus Oil" is the best thing for removing gummy residue that I have ever used. If you can't get it I have 8000 gum trees in my back yard, let me know ~

Dig

The jaguar flopped?

New to me.

I thought the JAGSTANG flopped.

Yeah, back in the 60's both the Jaguar and Jazzmaster got lukewarm attention while the Stratocaster, the cheapest of the three, got universal acclaim. Fender discontinued the Jaguar in the mid-70's.

Just out of curiosity, I pulled the pickguard from my Sheraton II off the shelf and looked at it. You know what? I'm glad I took it off. It's ugly: graceless shape, cheap-looking translucent plastic, and that ugly E.

I guess I could take the E off and look at again, but I don't think I will.

By the way, has anyone else noticed that Gibson ES-335 pickguards cutouts don't conform to the shape of the pickups?

Just out of curiosity' date=' I pulled the pickguard from my Sheraton II off the shelf and looked at it. You know what? I'm glad I took it off. It's ugly: graceless shape, cheap-looking translucent plastic, and that ugly E.

I guess I could take the E off and look at again, but I don't think I will.

By the way, has anyone else noticed that Gibson ES-335 pickguards cutouts don't conform to the shape of the pickups?[/quote']

Do you use the 335 shape pickguard on the Sheraton II?

Not sure if you can get it over there but "Eucalyptus Oil" is the best thing for removing gummy residue that I have ever used. If you can't get it I have 8000 gum trees in my back yard' date=' let me know ~Dig[/quote']

Remember? No vegemite, no eucalytus, no koalas.

... vegemite ...

If you pop on over to the Associated supermarket on 2nd Avenue near 49th Street, NYC, or The Friar Tuck Shoppe, at 13638 Burbank Blvd. in Sherman Oaks CA, you'll be able to get some. =D>

(That's my patriotic duty for the day done even if Vegemite is made by Kraft!)

If you pop on over to the Associated supermarket on 2nd Avenue near 49th Street' date=' NYC, or The Friar Tuck Shoppe, at 13638 Burbank Blvd. in Sherman Oaks CA, you'll be able to get some. =D>

(That's my patriotic duty for the day done even if Vegemite is made by Kraft!)[/quote']

BUT I WANT A KOALA!!!!!! WAH!!

Remember? No vegemite' date=' no eucalytus, no koalas.[/quote']

Is this discrimination against Koala's or just Aussie things in general?

OK, well there's always meat pies and our great beer, or do you have an objection to them also?

Oh Yeah! What about wombats?

Dig

OK' date=' well there's always meat pies and our great beer, or do you have an objection to them also?

Dig[/quote']

Meat pies? I thought we had the corner on those, up in Natchitoches, LA.

OK' date=' well there's always meat pies and our great beer, or do you have an objection to them also?

Dig[/quote']

NO! I was reminding you that we're underprivileged here in the states. We have scrapple,

pine trees and possums.

... possums....

Twice this week I've had a possum come down my chimney (I presume it's the same one). First time it got past the firescreen and I was able to open the patio doors and it ran out. The second time (this morning) it went into a cat basket I had put in the fireplace to catch it the first time. I took the basket into the front yard and gave it a good shake and bye possum.

Gonna have to put a wire screen on top the of the chimney but it's way too windy today.

Just as well for the possum we have gas central heating (it's winter here). ](*,)

(Got a touch of guilt feeling here over the thread hijack - sorry Jeffery)

NO! I was reminding you that we're underprivileged here in the states. We have scrapple' date='

pine trees and possums.[/quote']

I recall seeing lots of Eucalyptus trees in California - don't think they imported any Koalas though.

On topic - the "E" almost fell off my Dot within a day of purchasing it - and it wasn't that old (according to the serial number), just a couple of months. I've since glued it to my computer case - looks rather fetching in place of the usual "Intel Inside".

Archived