Gibson Brands Forums

LOL...SG's Are Great! I'd forgotten...

charlie brown

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Charlie Brown, you can buy a throwaway camera in any grocery store for $5.99. After you take the pictures, the drugstore in the same shopping mall has 1-hour processing. You can buy a CD with a digital copy of your photos for only a small extra charge. Upload from the CD as soon as you get back. Shouldn't take much more than 2 or 3 hours. What? You haven't left yet?

If it ever stops raining' date=' I'll shoot a few more of mine outdoors. I've been waiting for a day that isn't either (1) blindingly bright, or (2) a thunderstorm. We don't have much in between.[/quote']

AMEN! It's that way here, too...very unusual for August, in Kansas! It's usually 105!

Got to a mile 72 degrees with 90-100 percent humidity. But, that's better than some

days in July, when it was 105 and raining! Manila, or Saigon...anyone?

As to the photos...well, I have film cameras, but trying to find anyone that processes

"Film" ("Oooh...that's so Yesterday!"), seems to be a problem. But, I'll check on Wednesday,

at "Wallyworld," and see what they (actually) DO, there? Now, if I could just find some

"Hot" model?! LOL!

Patience, please?

CB

Ah' date=' just busting your chops 'cause you left 'em hanging out there, CB! I can see a picture of an identical guitar anytime. It's the fact that its YOURS that makes me want to look at it. Well, that and the fact that it obligates you to ooh and ahh over mine!

[/quote']

Hey, that's cool! Mine, really...looks pretty much the same as Jeff's!

But, I Will post some photos, when I get around to it...IF it ever stops

raining or blowing long enough. LOL!

CB

There's just something about an SG...you know?

That "Horny Little Devil' date='" is...along with maybe the

Fender Strat, the perfect guitar. Don't get me wrong...

I LOVE Lester's, but getting this '61 Reissue has

reminded me, why I bought my first one in '68. It

Friggin' Wails!! And the upper fret access is second

to none. Awesome guitars!

CB[/quote']

My Gibson SG was cherry and black and is the only guitar I ever regretted trading. I traded it 20 years ago on the Strat. Funny though, mine played great and sounded great, but had very little sustain. Now, I hear you guys talking about the sustain on the G-400 and the SG and I wonder if something was wrong with mine in that department.

The SG style is a great guitar to play. It's thin enough and light enough to feel right and not cause shoulder fatigue. The fretboard is a little wider so that open chords ring true, even with those of us who have stubby fingers. It's a great design.

My Gibson SG was cherry and black and is the only guitar I ever regretted trading. I traded it 20 years ago on the Strat. Funny though' date=' mine played great and sounded great, but had very little sustain. Now, I hear you guys talking about the sustain on the G-400 and the SG and I wonder if something was wrong with mine in that department.

The SG style is a great guitar to play. It's thin enough and light enough to feel right and not cause shoulder fatigue. The fretboard is a little wider so that open chords ring true, even with those of us who have stubby fingers. It's a great design.[/quote']

I had actually forgotten how much sustain SG's had.

Mine certainly has plenty! "De More I plays it, de In-Lover I gets!"

The only "issue" (for me) now, is that I want more SG's! Which

in my current circumstances, is quite Insane! But, "That's Rock & Roll!!" ;>)

CB

Archived