Gibson Brands Forums

Which strap locks?

corcoran

I prefer Dunlops, but many others here like the Schallers (sp?) Whatever you use, stay with the same brand on all of your guitars, that way you can save on buying a ton of guitar straps. I use one strap for both of my G-400s and one for my LPs and one for my Semi-hollow bodies. I do have straps for all of my Strats and Teles. Since I can only play one guitar at a time, I just change the straps.

I use Schallers and recently ordered schaller buttons for the rest of my guitars that don't have the schaller strap buttons installed. In the meantime, I have been using a set of inexpensive Strap Locks that I have had for about two decades on my new gold top. These actually work really well and they are $2.00 a set. Yes, that's two dollars, not twenty. You can see them at the link below.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Hardware,_parts/Electric_guitar:_Strap_buttons/Lokstrap_System.html

I use the ones that Fender sells' date=' I'm sure that someone else makes them but I'm not sure who does

.[/quote']They're Schaller. If you want chrome Schallers, it's cheaper to buy them from Fender.

ProLine also sells Schallers, or Schaller-style. I bought some in gold (since they were $10 cheaper), but I didn't check to see if they were actually Schallers.

uhm...I'm swapping 3 straps between 10 guitars. So I leave the Grolsch-washers on the guitar. Otherwise I'll just loose'm or forget...

Well, i don't know if the finish will react but they don't touch the body if you put them on the strapholder

without the strap. But you could always use regular strapholders as i do on most of my guitars.

Just thought it was a nice suggestion using the Grolsch-washers.

Peter

Well' date=' i don't know if the finish will react but they don't touch the body if you put them on the strapholder

without the strap. But you could always use regular strapholders as i do on most of my guitars.

Just thought it was a nice suggestion using the Grolsch-washers.

Peter[/quote']

It's a very good suggestion(free beer to boot!). Except I was worried if I'd keep the guitar in a case, the rubber would still make contact with the nitro. And I'm not particularly keen on buying 8 Schaller-sets for the remaining guitars without straplocks...

MY Les Paul cases are too tight to leave the strap on the guitar. It just won't fit. And, there's the problem with "strap imprint" in the finish. If your strap has certain types of plastic or a cloth pattern and it lays on the guitar, especially in a hot car, it can leave an imprint in the finish. I had this happen on the strat one time where I rolled the strap up and slid it under the upper horn. Now, I take the strap off and put it in the accessory box under the neck.

Archived