Gibson Brands Forums

Hard Case for Widkat

Just Strum

I can't confirm it, but I imagine there's a Gretsch case or two that would fit. I'm sure they're more expensive than the Epiphone, though.

I've just looked through several pages of cases on Musician's Friend... without owning a Wildkat, I would guess that a 000 case might work.

The guy is like me and he's trying to go cheap. I think he will just have to keep his eyes open for a used case. This is the white Wildkat I mentioned that the guy picked up in the Florida pawn shop. I guess that is going to be his best bet for something cheap.

The guy is like me and he's trying to go cheap. I think he will just have to keep his eyes open for a used case. This is the white Wildkat I mentioned that the guy picked up in the Florida pawn shop. I guess that is going to be his best bet for something cheap.

A lot of the rectangular cases will fit it. The WildKat, AlleyKat, and FlameKat should use the same case. The Gretsch Jr. cases probably fit. I bought a hardshell case for a Samick that I never received (perpetual M123 backorder). I finally canceled the guitar purchase but used the case for my Gretsch Country Classic Jr, and it fits like a glove. Some of those Samick semi-hollowbodies must be WildKat-sized guitars.

Isn't the AlleyKat case pretty cheap?

I didn't want to start another thread, so I am hijacking my own.

The back of my case for the Wildkat has a crack that I was going to cover with an Epi sticker or stickers. Since the case still serves its purpose, I figured stickers would do the trick.

So a couple of weeks ago I contacted Gibson and they said they would gladly send me some Epi stickers. They arrived today, about 15 to 20 of them. However, what they are are stickers of the "E" about the same size, maybe slightly bigger than the ones on the pick guard. Needless to say, they won't cover anything except maybe the "E" on a pick guard.

I saw that wildkat.

I didn't pick it up because of the corrosion and I didn't know it was anything special.

Next time I see an epi I don't recognize' date=' I'll pick it up.[/quote']

the guy that bought it is in Gainesville. He kicked it around for awhile and then finally bought it. If I recall, weren't they asking $400+ originally? I know he ended up getting it for $250 or less. He showed me some pics and it was pretty corroded, but he's cleaning it up.

Mine had some corrosion, but a simple cleaning of the metal with rubbing compound and almost as good as new. Definitely a nice addition to the collection.

I live in gainesville, dude. Same pawnshop.

He said he got it for 3 bills.

They told me they wanted 450. The neck pup appeared to go in and out of funtion to me, but he's reported no problems.

It was about 3 times more corroded when I saw it, I think he know his stuff for fixing that.

Plus I had like, JUST gotten the dot, and couldn't really justify another semihollow to myself.

And I was looking for an LP anyway(still am)

I live in gainesville' date=' dude. Same pawnshop.

He said he got it for 3 bills.

They told me they wanted 450. The neck pup appeared to go in and out of funtion to me, but he's reported no problems.

It was about 3 times more corroded when I saw it, I think he know his stuff for fixing that.

Plus I had like, JUST gotten the dot, and couldn't really justify another semihollow to myself.

And I was looking for an LP anyway(still am)

[/quote']

Was it $300? Could be right, if I'm not paying, I don't pay too much attention.

Do you know the guy that bought it?

If I had a choice between a Dot and a Wildkat, I would take the Dot. Having both, I still prefer the Dot out all the guitars I have or had.

Archived