Gibson Brands Forums

The wait is over, and its broken!!

AS90

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its now on its way to the Liverpool depot so I will be able to pick it up tomorrow! Customs charges are an absolute con, I got a $500 Tele and was charged £25, a few weeks later I got a $500 LP Studio and was charged £60 - makes my piss boil!!

Its now on its way to the Liverpool depot so I will be able to pick it up tomorrow! Customs charges are an absolute con' date=' I got a $500 Tele and was charged £25, a few weeks later I got a $500 LP Studio and was charged £60 - makes my piss boil!![/quote']

I know what you mean.... I so guess for my SG, I am looking at about £30-£50...?? So do they send you a letter demanding the duty before they release it form the international depot? Thats where mine is at the moment.

It really is frustrating, but your last comment really made me laugh!

I know what you mean.... I so guess for my SG' date=' I am looking at about £30-£50...?? So do they send you a letter demanding the duty before they release it form the international depot? Thats where mine is at the moment.

It really is frustrating, but your last comment really made me laugh![/quote']

Keep checking the tracking page, when it arrives in your local depot ring them up and ask how much the charges are (you can pay over the phone or take cash with you), then I would advise you to pick it up yourself from the depot. You will then have it a lot sooner and its one less van ride for it to get smashed up.

Keep checking the tracking page' date=' when it arrives in your local depot ring them up and ask how much the charges are (you can pay over the phone or take cash with you), then I would advise you to pick it up yourself from the depot. You will then have it a lot sooner and its one less van ride for it to get smashed up.[/quote']

Ok, well it still says that it is stiil at Coventry which is the international depot. Liverpool is my local one too.

Hope all goes well with yours tomorrow. And don't forget the pics ;-)

I just phoned the depot with my tracking number and they told me I only had £43 to pay! I got the guy to mark it as a gift so they will have opened it up and charged me the duty for a standard Epi Sheraton!

Thats not too bad, but it really should be nothing to pay shouldn't it?

:D

I bought it on ebay from a guy in Texas, he seems pretty decent and is willing to co-operate all he can. It was insured, I just hope it covers it. I have offered him $300 for it, just to save him paying for the shipping back to the US.

I just can't believe it! That is really bad luck.

I am still amazed that the case didn't protect it. Is the case damaged at all? It must have had one hell of a knock for that to happen.

I have read posts on here before about repairing this sort of thing, it can be done; with good results in the right hands.

Keep us posted, it is a beautiful guitar and seems a real shame.

I have agreed to get it repaired myself, the seller is going to give me a $692 refund. So I'll end up paying $500 for it which I think is a fair price for both of us as I can get it repaired by an expert and still have a couple of hundred left over.

That truely sucks and I've been there.......was the carrier UPS by any chance?? They snapped the head stock on a guitar I sold in a hardshell case well packed etc..etc..(see Carverman it does happen!) You made out better than

I. I wound up with a damaged guitar and I gave the buyer a full refund. Thanks alot UPS!#-o

Archived