Gibson Brands Forums

Can You Contact Epiphone To Purchase Guitar?

strathound

I know exactly what I want. I want to buy it now. I know Epiphone makes them. I can't find one at any of the distributors listed on their website. Can I put in a request and get notified when a model gets shipped to a particular store? Can I buy direct?

WTB: Left Handed Joe Pass Epiphone Archtop

I found one on Craigslist out of state. But I'm leary about doing a transaction on Craigslist without seeing the guitar first. I'd rather buy new for a couple hundred extra. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

Mike & The Majestics

I would think that you could go to your nearest Epi dealer and order one. I doubt that you can buy direct from Epiphone.

I've asked several of them about ordering. I heard back from American Musical and they said they don't do special orders. I'll keep hounding the others.

Thanks,

MS

Have you tried "E.M. Shorts?" (AKA "Wichita Band & Instrument Co.)

Wichita, Kansas

www.wichitaband.com Then just click on the EM Shorts guitar division.

The do a lot of internet business, and will do special oders. I think you'd have

to leave a deposit or something to secure it, especially on a "lefty," but...they'd

probably help you out. Their prices are great, too! Usually lower, sometimes by

quiet a bit, from MF, or the other online retailers.

CB

Well the good people over at Sweetwater called me back and let me know that as of JUNE, Epiphone isn't offering this guitar in a left handed model.

Thanks Epiphone. Thanks a lot. I'll add you to the list of manufacturers that hate 10% of your market. Everytime another manufacturer does this (FENDER), it's just one more reason to buy a custom built guitar from a local luthier.

I'll take my business somewhere else.

Michael

Well the good people over at Sweetwater called me back and let me know that as of JUNE' date=' Epiphone isn't offering this guitar in a left handed model.

Thanks Epiphone. Thanks a lot. I'll add you to the list of manufacturers that hate 10% of your market. Everytime another manufacturer does this (FENDER), it's just one more reason to buy a custom built guitar from a local luthier.

I'll take my business somewhere else.

Michael[/quote']

I guess the tone in your statement defines what it is like being left handed. I'd be pissed too.

I know exactly what I want. I want to buy it now. I know Epiphone makes them. I can't find one at any of the distributors listed on their website. Can I put in a request and get notified when a model gets shipped to a particular store? Can I buy direct?

WTB: Left Handed Joe Pass Epiphone Archtop

I found one on Craigslist out of state. But I'm leary about doing a transaction on Craigslist without seeing the guitar first. I'd rather buy new for a couple hundred extra. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks' date='

Michael

Mike & The Majestics

Sweetwater.com claims to have a fabulous relationship with Epiphone. They could probably order one for you, but you might have to pay for it up front. A lefty hollowbody could turn into NOS.

I guess the tone in your statement defines what it is like being left handed. I'd be pissed too.

I had a drafting teacher in middle school once tell me that his teachers used to hit him with a ruler if they saw him reach for a pencil with his left hand. When I started playing guitar, many people told me this would happen and I should learn to play right handed. SMACK!!!

If I have to, I'll start building guitars myself. Pisses me off to no end. Left handed people are right brained, which means they are creative thinkers, the kind of thing that might be kind of useful ... if you're a musician.

I understand in the mass market, it costs money to provide variety. I understand we're in a recession. Businesses need to make hard decisions to stay profitable. But at the same time, there are hard working people in this town that will build me a left handed model for no extra charge, anytime. Sure, it would cost 4 times what the Joe Pass costs. I'd rather give them my money for something hand made at this point.

*two middle fingers up*

MS

It's definitely a right-handers' world. And I'm lucky that I do the minority of things (including writing) left-handed.

I often wonder if I would have been more technically capable if I had learned to play guitar left-handed, because I notice that there is more flexibility of movement in my right hand.

Let's take solace from the fact that a higher proportion of left handers are genii.

Archived