Gibson Brands Forums

Favorite SG "Solo?"

charlie brown

I agree and since you have Harrison as your avatar......I'm always learning that he played some little tasty part that I never knew. For example he played the rhythm guitar part on "Badge"........never knew that until just recently and that's one of my favorite songs to play. He was always like that ...not pretentious at all...just there playing the "right" thing always!

Yeah, you're quite right...He WAS always doing stuff like that, often under funny names, etc. LOL!

"Badge" he not only played that break on, but co-wrote it, with EC. They were always colaborating

on this or that. Even on Pattie Boyd! ;>) But, then...who could blame them, there.

CB

Yeah' date=' you're quite right...He WAS always doing stuff like that, often under funny names, etc. LOL!

"Badge" he not only played that break on, but co-wrote it, with EC. They were always colaborating

on this or that. Even on Pattie Boyd! ;>) But, then...who could blame them, there.

CB[/quote']

Yeah man...you know you're good friends when you can share a lady... so to speak.....music was always more important to both of them and that probably drove Pattie insane...but she inspired some great songs. I also read that Ringo came into the Badge session drunk and gave them the lyric about swans that live in the park....don't know if it's true but that one never made sense to me anyway....I'd buy it!

Hey CB you might like this one...A sh#tfaced clapton!

He's a monster even wrecked like that!

I agree and since you have Harrison as your avatar......I'm always learning that he played some little tasty part that I never knew. For example he played the rhythm guitar part on "Badge"........never knew that until just recently and that's one of my favorite songs to play. He was always like that ...not pretentious at all...just there playing the "right" thing always!

I almost listed Badge, but wasn't sure if Clapton was still playing his SG then or if Harrison had Lucy, his LP Clapton gave him, or still had his SG. Harrison plays some nice rhythm chops and the little fills. Clapton doesn't come in until the riff part played through a Leslie.

Great song plus it ends like the best of them, leaving you wanting more. I do like the SRV version of Little Wing but Hendrix leaves you wanting more and for it to go on for 10 more minutes.

Quoth layboomo:

I thought TK played a Tele???

Terry Kath evidently owned and used a variety of guitars (a man after many of our hearts). His photo on the inside of Chicago Transit Authority shows him playing an SG Standard, but the notes on "Free Form Guitar" on the same album say he used a Stratocaster on that track. I saw Chicago live in 1970 or '71 and Terry played a Les Paul Recording model for all the electric parts of that show.

A great talent who died too young, to be sure.

Archived