Gibson Brands Forums

A Quote From My Darling Wife:

midiman56

Uttered when I brought home a Les Paul Prophecy GX (Dirty Fingers): "We shuld have FURNITURE as nice as these damn guitars!".

Oooh. Something I've never understood, maybe you could ask her. Why are tools for the house (furniture) more important than tools for the soul (guitars)?

I mean, I always felt that furniture that makes a statement without soul, well, that's just Scandinavian design! Furniture with soul, that shows real live people use it. It has marks, same as the table/desk edge divots in the neck of your first acoustic. No guitar? No soul. No marks on furniture? No home.

Sorry, I just always believed it was incredibly short-sighted to tell anybody (child, adult, male, female, dog, cat or parakeet) to not do something enjoyable.

Why are tools for the house (furniture) more important than tools for the soul (guitars)?

Really? I think this forum has displayed a fair share of some quite hideous looking furniture on the brink of collapse under the weight of some humongous collections of guitars...:-

Exactly, gentlemen! Exactly! Furniture is subordinate to guitars! And, maybe houses are for storing the guitar's keeper? Guardhouse kind of thing? Macho, isn't it? Problem is, we are an unpowered minority, with no voice beyond this forum. Our spouses, SO's, life partners, whatever - shut us out because they don't understand a player can love more than one guitar! Even if they listen, they don't understand. Players of the World, UNITE! We have nothing to lose but the chains on our credit cards! Artificial restraint of trade! It's every player's right to have as many guitars, of whatever models hesheit desires! The Revolution starts now!

Who's going to be first to charge a new guitar without telling Mama? Hmmm? Step right up, folks! No waiting right now at MF, Sweetwater or M123!

Lord, I love rabble-rousing! Hey, Rabble! Are you Roused?

Hilarious, Johno ... "Epihome"! Actually, she said it with a smile on her face and I think she was just remaking on the beauty of some of the woods they are using in guitars these days. The flame in that Prophecy is actually quite amazing! She is very supportive of my habit ... as long as the mortgage/car payment/electric/etc bills are paid! =P~

No reason Epiphone can't expand and get into the furniture business too.

Epihome ~ The Prophecy line of fine home furnishing.

Well, you know, Epi was originally from K-zoo which is right next to Grand Rapids - which used to be a furniture mecca.

Incidently, I was in Grand Rapids last weekend and took my daughter to the museum. The tiny Gibson exhibit was right next to the massive furniture exhibit.

I want an SG, a Brian May signature model, a Tele, a Firebird, a Flying V, and a Vox Teardrop. I don't expect the UPS man to be bringing them anytime soon, though. We are replacing the carpet in the family room with Pergo week after next. There goes my guitar G.A.S. budget...

Archived