Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums

Source for repalcement hasps for cases?


Recommended Posts

Thanks guys.


I've thought about replacing everything with chrome, that may be the ticket. A new case is out of the question for him now, he can't afford one. It is a really big case for a guitar shaped like a Flying V / Explorer combination (it's a D**n).


I'll check out some hardware store too, I hadn't thought of that. I have found more stuff that I have needed in small hardware stores than I have in Home Depot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a friend that needs to replace some hasps on an older case. I can find chrome/nickel ones all day long' date=' but he needs gold. If you know of a source I would be very grateful.


Thanks in advance.[/quote']


I think you meant brass plated (BP). I was able to find a BP plated steel draw catch

used for cases at Lee Valley ( a local h/w supplier) here in Ottawa. They have a web

site customerservice@leevalley.com and ship to the US as well as all over Canada.


The size is 2 1/4 inches long by 1 1/2 inches wide

and it requires 5 screws. They look similar to my LP guitar case latches (2 1/2 x 1.1/2,

but not exact of course. The catch is spring loaded to prevent accidental opening..partno #00s70.01

($5.60 cdn a pair). Unless you can find the actual part no of the orginal latch, the hole spacing

for the mounting screws (or pop rivets) will be different for most latches.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...