Gibson Brands Forums

Guess it's time to introduce myself..,

rgb7

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm 36...but i play the '66 re-issue over on the left

<-----------

asked for a drum kit for christmas of 8th grade, got a guitar. never looked back.

now that i have a "real" job i can fund my own "guitar room" with them all mounted on the walls:

'86 peavey patriot bass

'99 yamaha 12 string that i hate

'07 ibanez 6-string acoustic that i like

and of course the SG over there to the left

havin fun, playin in the praise band, glad to not need readers yet...but its coming of course.

Turned 61 this year' date=' and I've been playing since I was 12, off and on. (mostly off)

Love for music and the guitar hasn't waned at all, and I still play every day.

Would love to hook up with some other geezers to jam![/quote']

I can see it now "GEEZER JAM 2008"

hi all, I ve been wishing i could play since I was 12 ...just bought my 3rd guiitar a stunning wine red LP studio custom (gold hw)

When I hit the big 40 my sons got interested in playing an instrument and I thought it would be a good idea to spend some time bonding. I started taking lessons and am almost at the point where people can take their fingers out of their ears when I play. But I am having a great time learning and the 3 of us have something in common we can talk about. The great thing is I remember all the songs we are trying to play.

good to know I am in great company

cheers

I knew alot of you geezers were getting up there but some of you surprised me a little bit but have really enjoyed the stories and the company and now understand even better why I like it here so much.

53 here and similar story. Playing since I was 8, did it for a living in the early seventies, got extradited, imprisoned, ordered into treatment, got clean and sober and have been that way since 75. Didn't go back to music for many years 'cause I didn't know and couldn't find anyone who played blues and classic rock that didn't use something I couldn't. Played with a couple of Bluegrass bands in the late eighties, just started really playing some again in the last couple of years. Play in a contemporary Praise Team group every Sunday evening with my wife who is a vocalist and am loving every minute of it. She and I are just starting to put together some stuff to begin the local coffee house circuit.

For those of you contacting me about me not posting much anymore, I appreciate the concern as some of you know that medical issues were to blame the last time that happened. Now I'm just too busy trying to catch up. Still doing my home improvement thing and now working on expresso equipment that I just got trained to do also, as well as rehersals and all for Church. Doesn't leave me much energy or time for this stuff.

I always knew that I was in good company here, even if it's aged company. After all, we geezers have to stick together and are responsible for the continuation of the geezer rock genre' Hopefully I can soon make time to be more active here. Some of the best folks out there !

Congrats on the guitar bro, play the h**l out of her, treat her well and she'll return the favor. As others have hinted at, it's a pretty good way to stay young !

Didn't go back to music for many years 'cause I didn't know and couldn't find anyone who played blues and classic rock that didn't use something I couldn't.

I know what you are talking about...I played lot of gigs I don't remember in those years...Lolll

The other guitarist in our band always say: " If you are a musician borned in the 50's and you can remember the 70's...you did'nt have fun"

It always make me laugh...and remember I forgot...Lollll

Hey all.

My birth certificate may show that I'm 56, but I don't feel like it mentally, and a large part of that has to do with music. I've been playing on and off since 12 or 13. The first song I learned was Satisfaction, not to hard but it was cool. In response to Big Norm's comment, I was born in the 50's, but I do remember half of the 70's. I went into drug/alcohol rehab Oct. 31, 1975, and I've been clean since then. Before then was a blur though.

I play in our church's worship band on weekends, Saturday night and Sunday mornings, and I absolutely love it. We do a rockier style of music with lots of room for overdrive and guitar solos. We often have times of open or free worship, kind of like a jam session but in a worship setting. At times it will go on for quite a while. I got a comment from a dad a few years back telling me what his son said to him. He said, "man that guy is pretty good for an old man." You are only as old as you feel, my body doesn't feel like that of a 20 year old, but my mind sure does. I teach music in a public elementary school for a living, so I can afford to pay my bills and buy the equipment I need and want, mostly want now, so I can enjoy playing in a band on weekends to worship the Lord. I consider myself a very blessed individual. I have 2 sets of equpment, one I leave at church and the other identical (except for the amp) setup in my basement to practice on during the week.

Archived