Gibson Brands Forums

Wall Hangers

Digger

I've had my Gibson ES-330 hanging on the wall of my studio for about 18 years now. It hasn't harmed the guitar one bit, and it is always ready to play. On the wall it is much safer than on a stand, as I'm not likely to trip over it and knock it down. It is a wood paneled wall and it is mounted securely.

I also have a MIJ Faux-JazzBass on the wall (can you spell heavy boys and girls) and it hasn't had any problems, either.

This part of the house was built in 1950 and the walls are real wood paneling (not plywood with a veneer). I think Florida Cedar, planks not sheets, so I didn't have to find any studs.

Insights and incites by Notes

You don't need a stud, drywall, with the right hardware can more than handle the weight. And $25 should buy a pretty good product. Take your hangar to Home Depot and get some help picking out the right hardware.

It's now about five years those hooks are holding different guitars and never had a problem...but as you can notice, they are screw in wood. By the way...I think it's the 3rd time I post that picture...We are "hooking" a bit on the subject...lolll

p7082410.jpg

Archived