Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Les Pauls

custer

not many options for me, so I will pick the Elitist Les Paul Standard LH in ebony...well made, sounds good, looks and feels nice:

Elitist Les Paul Standard:

Your guitar was made at the

Fuji-gen Plant' date=' Japan

2" thick, for those who care...

modifications:

1. truss rod adjustment and set-up (pro)

2. rewire pots for standard RH operation...full tonal range restored! (pro - free)

3. mystery 250K pot replaced w/ 500K (single pot, bought new, so who knows

how that happened? strange...tech might have done it during initial set-up but

that's even weirder)

4. lower action and restring w/ D'Addario EXL110 10-46

5. pointer knobs

6. PU height and pole pieces dialed in

I think the wire on the bridge has developed a small rattle and I'd like to replace

the tuners with nickel green keys at some point...other than that, it's great:

[img']http://homepage.mac.com/dubstar/.Pictures/guitars/elitistLP1.jpg[/img]

elitistLP2.jpg

elitistLP3.jpg

Mine is....and it's my favorite....well....cause it's mine. Thank you...please drive through.

I can be but an echo to our friend from the Hawkeye State.

I like my Gold Top more than any Epi LP I've played. I'm looking forward to the day when I can actually try out an Elitist...my self-control should get quite a workout.

I like both of them for different reasons. And, sometimes it's just an intangible where one of them "speaks" to me more than the other does on a given day.

I think base-wise my standard probably has better tone coming from the body of the guitar...but the custom has a better neck (slightly wider), and the action feels much smoother on this guitar. The custom was also far more expensive post-upgrades than the standard.

At this point, I want to conduct an experiment or two on the standard...but as far as the daily stuff? I like 'em both. It's kind of like me having 2 children, and then asking me which one I like better.

=;

I don't own one yet' date=' but I like the ultra,chamberd... but why only one color? [/quote']

I love the colour(s) of the Ultra - I think I rate it as the most beautiful finish I've seen on a guitar.

I can take mine out of its case and just simply sit and look at it for ages. Then touch it, and smell it ... hmmm, in other words: I love my Ultra.

(As iansmitchell says: .. Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that. :-) )

My favourite would be my Saein made Les Paul Custom, although the '57 Junior comes damn close.

Still, I'd trade either for the respective Gibson model in a heartbeat, any day of the week..

I'll never give up on owning at least one LP Junior =;

I fell in love with my Ultra the minute I put my hands on it. This was my return to electric guitar after an absense of at least a couple of decades (I had gone almost entirely to keyboards 'cept for my 30 year old Ovation acoustic). I went into it convinced that a Fender "Fat Strat" was the way to go for me ... that is, until a very helpful salesperson put the Ultra in my mits. Its easily one of the most beautiful guitars made and sounded amazing ... even in my out-of practice hands. My wife thought it was pretty too (she hates the way Fenders look) so that pretty much sealed the deal.

Since returning to the stringy fold, I've been GASing pretty hard and ran into a couple of great deals. I work for Apple with a bunch of kids that are always flipping models. The latest was my new Les Paul Prophecy GX (the dirty finders one!). It is in a class by itself in both sound and beauty.

I finally did get the Strat, but with the coil tap on the Prophecy, I'm beginning to see cobwebs form on it!

Has to be...

Black Beauty

56' Goldtop

Like The BB Shiney against the gold wear. Oooozzees Class, Can't play it worth a toss, but it still has class...

The 56 Goldtop on P90s is raw and insane in the wrong hands, again it has class of a different style.

Both Superb Guitars..](*,)

Everybody needs at least one with humbuckers and another with P90's. The P90's are really addictive with their clear tone and articulation.

Right now, I'm liking my new goldtop, but plan to swap in and out on gigs with the others. I need to play them all periodically.

Everybody needs at least one with humbuckers and another with P90's. The P90's are really addictive with their clear tone and articulation.

Right now' date=' I'm liking my new goldtop, but plan to swap in and out on gigs with the others. I need to play them all periodically.

[/quote']

Yeah. I hear ya. If the 1 meg pot doesn't do the trick on my standards.....the P90's.....

:D

(But, then again, I've also got 2 strats.....)

EDIT: Matiac might appreciate this....for my Gibson LP Studio, I want to get a 5 ply pickguard. I think it would look better on there than the one it came with...

ME FIRST' date=' ME FIRST...He says pushing his way to the front..

You can swap with me yer Goldtop any time for errr.......My Squire Affinity??? Gwan, ye know ye want to... Uh Huh!:D/ [/quote']

Hiya, do ye keep yer neeps and tatties in the press wi' yer haggis??

Archived