Gibson Brands Forums

Local shop has 2 elitists, a left and a SG

thunderstruck507

Went in for the first time in a while and they have ebony cousins: lefty LP standard and 61 SG

Both are brand new' date=' $850 for the SG and $1k for the LP

They also had a Gibson SG junior VOS in TV yellow and I noticed it has the same heel as the elitist[/quote']

Sweet, I'd get the SG if I had the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

...yeah, that's 850 of them, count 'em.

Sweet' date=' I'd get the SG if I had the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

...yeah, that's 850 of them, count 'em.[/quote']

I think you forgot to add tax ](*,)

T-struck, where is the shop? I've got a lefty nephew over in Iraq right now that might be interested in the LP. I'm sure the '61 (righty, I guess) won't last long now that you've let the forum members know about it. (If I didn't already have 2 of them I'd buy it myself. Just ask Spud, if you like SGs this the THE ONE you want to buy).

And thanks, man, for letting us know about these.

Fayetteville, AR

Ben Jacks is the name, tax here is 9.25%

those are the tagged prices though, I'm sure you could negotiate a little with them...the Boneyard they have goes on sale sometimes for $699 versus the $800 normal price

I thought you guys might be interested since these 2 type seem hard to come by

Both seem to be good examples but the poor SG needs the fretboard oiled, its light in color which isn't my taste but it would still make a very nice guitar for someone, the black looks really good on these

makes me think of AC/DC Live at Donington

Fayetteville' date=' AR

Ben Jacks is the name, tax here is 9.25%

those are the tagged prices though, I'm sure you could negotiate a little with them...the Boneyard they have goes on sale sometimes for $699 versus the $800 normal price

I thought you guys might be interested since these 2 type seem hard to come by

Both seem to be good examples but the poor SG needs the fretboard oiled, its light in color which isn't my taste but it would still make a very nice guitar for someone, the black looks really good on these

makes me think of AC/DC Live at Donington[/quote']

Ahh, yes Donnington. Yeah, black SGs ain't bad lookin' at all, and I wouldn't hesitate to get one (and I'd be all over the Elitist you mentioned) if I didn't just buy that CC.

I guess the day will come eventually for me to get an Elitist SG, but for now, that's not even on my horizon, what with college and insurance and what not.

Archived