Gibson Brands Forums

Mail Order

custer

I haven't had any bad experiences with any of them. However, if Sweetwater has what I want, that is who I will go through. They have free shipping an everything, no matter how small the order. I don't know how they can do it. They also have the best customer service of anyone I have done on-line business with.

I have had to return a few things to them, and they sent me a new item the same day I notified them, and sent a return FedEx lable with the new item. Then they wanted me to keep the item to be returned until I knew the new item worked properly. I highly recommend them.

I haven't had any bad experiences with any of them. However' date=' if Sweetwater has what I want, that is who I will go through. They have free shipping an everything, no matter how small the order. I don't know how they can do it. They also have the best customer service of anyone I have done on-line business with.

I have had to return a few things to them, and they sent me a new item the same day I notified them, and sent a return FedEx lable with the new item. Then they wanted me to keep the item to be returned until I knew the new item worked properly. I highly recommend them.[/quote']

Same here. I have not had any problems with the rest of them, but if Sweetwater has it I buy from them if online.

I haven't had problems from M123 or MF, but Sweetwater is my "go to" for web shopping. I like the idea that I have a contact, that they follow up on shipments either by phone or e-mail. I've talked to people there all the way up to the president. Just an all around good place.

Their stock is more limited than the others, but I think their market segment is a little different.

Yep, Sweetwater is also my first choice. My "sales engineer"--don't ya love that title!! always has given me the straight info, even when it wasn't what I wanted to hear. MF scares me. The way things are packed, I'm always afraid that I am getting someone's return without the discount in price.

I haven't had any bad experiences with any of them. However' date=' if Sweetwater has what I want, that is who I will go through. They have free shipping an everything, no matter how small the order. I don't know how they can do it. They also have the best customer service of anyone I have done on-line business with.

I have had to return a few things to them, and they sent me a new item the same day I notified them, and sent a return FedEx lable with the new item. Then they wanted me to keep the item to be returned until I knew the new item worked properly. I highly recommend them.[/quote']

Ditto all the way. I've never had any problems returning anything from MF, either. I've never had to return anything from 123.

123's service was pretty bad for awhile as they were going through their ownership change but they appear to have all that ironed out now.

The best thing about Sweetwater is that you get one person that takes care of your account forever so instead of calling a 'place' you call a 'person'. Plus, I like the fact that they set up every guitar over $299 and inspect it before they send it to you. I bought my 2nd elitist dot from them and asked them to put 9-42 GHS Boomers on it when they set it up. They said 'no problem'. Not a huge thing, but it saved me some time & effort.

I've been less than satisfied with product and service from The Troll (that's GC, MF and M123). Sweetwater has always given me excellent service except in one regard. They keep calling me, and sending me emails about things THEY think I want (which means stuff they think I will spend money buying, whether I need it or not). I've told them several times to stop, but they don't. It's irritating.

Love Sweetwater but Austin has 2 really good Guitar Center store so being able to return online purchases there is a HUGE plus. I seriously thank whatever form of god is out there that these two stores are so much better than most of the others.

I have a big problem not being able to play a guitar before I buy, I must have played 30 strats before I got mine, and I mean played I was starting to get dirty looks from the sales people, I also like going to mom and pop ( or in my case,pop & son ) stores HELP OUT THE LITTLE GUY!!!!!!

I like sweetwater. used them all. have the MF card.

MF has been 90& ok.. but I like Sweetwater for the sales reps.. more personal service.. and lately a bigger selection of just

about everything.

in addition to Sweetwater models .. martins for example.. as MF has done in the past.. they have very good service.. fast..

almost never shipping charges.. etc..and the valve senior is coming there soon.. that counts with me!

so.. lately, I'm a sweetwater guy.

At various times I have made purcahses from Musicians Friend' date=' Sweetwater and American Musical Supply.

I have had good service from all three. What are your experiences with them?[/quote']

I've come to the conclusion that as a leftie, I'm going to have to jump through extra hoops, and the wait time on stuff like that is going to be longer. Other than that? Eh, it hasn't been that bad.

(I guess if it's any consolation, at least there's places where I can get this equipment...)

Plus' date=' I like the fact that they set up every guitar over $299 and inspect it before they send it to you. I bought my 2nd elitist dot from them and asked them to put 9-42 GHS Boomers on it when they set it up. They said 'no problem'. Not a huge thing, but it saved me some time & effort.[/quote']

I understand they also have a Plek machine now... I wonder if they'll be pleking all their guitars over a certain amount?

I bought a GT elitist about 18 months from them, and had incredible service. Have bought several other things as well. Great operation

HippieDave, I understand your desire to play them before you buy them. I used to be the same way. But nowadays since practically none of the guitars are set up properly (as with every guitar in GC) that method doesn't seem to work for me as well anymore. It seems that with every guitar you've got to use your imagination to determine how it will play after it's been set up properly so I have no problem with buying one online.

With the liberal 45-day return policies they all have, if a guitar doesn't hack it after I've set it up I just send it back.

I'm all for trying before buying, and supporting the local small guy... But if I get to keep a 1000 bucks is my pocket by buying a Gibson online, it's very basic maths for me. The bigger online stores have an excellent 'no questions asked' return-policy to boot.

I agee with Ric, sure we'd like to see ma& pa stores make it, But they can't match price and they,in general, can't match service and return issues. Plus I live in the sticks and have no choice but to deal with the big boys. I've delt with M F since they started and have never had A bad thing to say about them. I've also had good luck with AMS and Sam Ash. Stan.

I've had good luck with all of the Warehouse sellers.

Very good customer service from MF. When I'm in the market, I usually make my first stop their various clearance, Scratch & Dents, etc..

I certainly appreciate the motivation to play before you buy, but to be honest, I've gotten guitars in much better shape even as scratch & dents than I've taken down from the wall at Guitar Centers.

Bill

Archived