Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SlagJones

Guitar cables

Anyone use the Pro Co cables from Sweetwater? I have been using a Horizon standard cable but it seems like it has developed some noise. I assume it is some shoddy soldering. Any suggestions on moderately priced reliable cables? Emphasis on reliable. I have only used that Horizon cable for less than 6 months. Thanks.

I like the new snapjack cables. They have magnetic jacks, so if you step on the cable, there is less of a jack of breaking the output jack. They are VERY solidly built, with pretty thick insulation. They are around $35 for a 15 foot, I don't know if that's too much, but it is a little pricey.

I'm no cable expert, but all of mine (a few 10' and two 20') are Pro Co. I think they are great for the price. I usually wait for a sale, plus their free shipping when I pick some up.

I have a Whirlwind cable that I like... I originally bought it because it matched my mic cable, which is black/red tweed, but I actually think it sounds better.

Plus, it's a local company, which makes me feel good. It's the same reason I buy Kodak things - half the people in my town work there.

Live Wire Cables available at Guitar Center are decent cables for the money and they have a no questions asked life-time warranty. They come in assorted lengths six to eighteen feet with straight or right angle jacks.

I use Horizon mostly. I run the output from my wireless receiver to the effects chain and then into the amp. I've been using wireless for a couple of years and I'm sold on it. The tone is there and I don't step on my cord anymore. Another nice thing is that you can walk out into the audience and listen to what the people are hearing while you are still playing.