Gibson Brands Forums

Spot The Difference!

Stevics

Do the S.Duncans sound better?

Notes

Yes The SDs sound great (worth every penny). Not saying the epiphone PUPs were bad. The SDs are just top notch!

The JB (bridge) has a realy crisp drive and the Jazz (neck) is so mellow. Together the are just cool. (Difficult to describe really).

Although changing the selector switch from Rhythm to Treble cost less!!!!

Just a pretty guitar! What color is that? Stan.

Thanks Stan & Raf

The finish is Wine Red but appears to me to be a bit lighter than usual. The finish is "deep" with a very pleasing grain underlying.

I have not seen many Wine Red LPs with cream fittings. Are they less common?

That looks identical to my LP limited edition with the creme bindings, etc. I believe the finish is what they called "translucent red" as opposed to "wine red"; it looks lighter than the wine red ones I have seen and just like my translucent red. The biggest difference is the visibility of the wood grain. Does it have a mahogany back as well? I have been very pleased it. The stock pups were ok, but I replaced them with Gibson BB pros.

That looks identical to my LP limited edition with the creme bindings' date=' etc. I believe the finish is what they called "translucent red" as opposed to "wine red"; it looks lighter than the wine red ones I have seen and just like my translucent red. The biggest difference is the visibility of the wood grain. Does it have a mahogany back as well? I have been very pleased it. The stock pups were ok, but I replaced them with Gibson BB pros.[/quote']

Yes it does have a mahogany back and thanks for the heads up.

My greenie is a translucent paul' date=' and I seem to remember they were all bursts. Stan.[img'][/img]MVC-009F-1.jpg

My Wine Red/Translucent has the same sort of look but has no"burst". That is the first time I have seen you green LP in full (she's a corker!) and the finish seems "deep" like mine. Mine has the same grain effect but as I said no "burst".

Thanks guys, the "green monstrosity" is a 98 so I really don't know how they do the new ones, but that wine is a nice color! And by the way Ric, a green strap would make A nice gift for my upcomeing birthday, don't you think? Stan.

Thanks guys' date=' the "green monstrosity" is a 98 so I really don't know how they do the new ones, but that wine is a nice color! And by the way Ric, a green strap would make A nice gift for my upcomeing birthday, don't you think? Stan.[/quote']

It would Stan. So when is your birthday?

Archived