Gibson Brands Forums

P-Rails

Seymour Duncan has developed a different kind of pick-ups 'P-Rails'

http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/humbucker/progressive/prails_shpr1/

Put a set into my Epiphone Sheraton Elite and love the change.

Working through the F-holes is a pain.

I've read a couple of articles about them and have to admit, I'm intrigued. I'm going to redo the electronics in my Sherry over the Fall and am still deciding which way I want to go but wanted to split the coils and was probably going to go with GFS 59's. How are they wired and how do you make the change from HB, P-90, or SC ?

A pic of your Sheraton would be nice as well !

I've read a couple of articles about them and have to admit' date=' I'm intrigued. I'm going to redo the electronics in my Sherry over the Fall and am still deciding which way I want to go but wanted to split the coils and was probably going to go with GFS 59's. How are they wired and how do you make the change from HB, P-90, or SC ?

A pic of your Sheraton would be nice as well ![/quote']

I wired them up using Seymour Duncan #2 wiring but with the capacitor wired between the tone and volume, same as Gibson's Modern wiring and with switches as illustrated in that SD #2 illustration.

How do they sound, Stratman? Does the rail coil give a usable sound in a semi?

I couldn't decide whether or not to put some of these into my Sheraton - I don't think they're ugly pickups, but they'll really change the her look and I'm not sure I want to do that to her! It's got to the point where I'm considering buying one of those worn brown Dot Studios to put a set in...

I do think this is an excellent idea for a pickup. The new Vox Virages have similar Dimarzio designed pup in them. Something else I'm GASsing for...

Archived