Gibson Brands Forums

Wildkat run amuck in Buffalo!

Gashole

Courage! Courage!

Tracking my UPS shipment that had made it all the way to a departure scan in Buffalo, NY (from Kansas City MO) and was supposed to cover the last few hundred miles to Ithaca and arrive monday...(breathe!) I now see that it has an "Exception" status!!!

Woe and doom! Woe and doom!

I can only surmise that the Kat got out of the bag, and quite possibly some folks at UPS were hurt. If you live in the Buffalo area, seek shelter imediately, do not attempt to apprehend this beast, trained luthier hunter teams are being flown in now, according to Musicians Friend...I think it will all be alright...

But when the hell will I get my guitar???! =D>

My GAS hurts.

Well Gashole, I played my Wildkat till about 2:30 this morning and all I can say to you is - Prepare to get little sleep!!!

Being that this is my first exposure to P90's it has taken time to get use to and finding the right dial-in on the amp to give me sounds that please me, but I'm hitting on some things (most by chance) and all I can say is last night and into early morning the Kat kicked butt.

My three main guitars are in order prior to last night

Dot

Strat

Wildkat

Today:

Dot

Wildkat

Strat

I know you are excited about this guitar and having it delivered on a Monday had to make this weekend a living hell, but I can assure you all the pain from the weekend will be washed away.

I'm not sure what strings come with Epi's, I have mine strung with the ones that came from the previous owner and they are 11's. I normally play D'Addario EXL110, but I like the 11's and when I change strings, I will stick with 11's because the previous owner has the set-up spot on in every aspect.

Just telling you this I am getting excited about the arrival of your guitar.

Just telling you this I am getting excited about the arrival of your guitar.

Me too man! Me too!

Must be the hunter-luthiers got things under control...now UPS web site is telling me things are scheduled "on time"

It's really making me a bit manic...

I hope D-Day is really tommorow. Almost 40 years old and I'm still such a damn kid! LOL

Feels like Christmas come early sorta, except I have to pay for it. With guitars and gear somehow, the paying part doesn't carry the usual *sting* I usually associate with that word, so I'm able to nearly fully embrace the glee. :-({|= :D/ 8-[O:)

Me too man! Me too!

Funny, I never would have guessed - you hide it so well.

I just got an acoustic on Friday and I followed that thing every step of the way. I think the trucks should have tracking devices so you can follow it as it turns on to your street. Could be a world map that you can reduce down to street level and a brown dot blinking for UPS, a blue dot for FedEx and you can guide all the packages in to the destination - your house.

I had Line6 amplifier go to New Orleans (right place) followed by Shreveport (wrong place). Exception. It was then shipped back to New Orleans (right place) where it was forwarded to Memphis (wrong place). Exception. It was then shipped back to New Orleans (right place). When I finally got it delivered to the college, 1/3 of the corrugated box had fallen off and all eight corners of the amp were visible. Even after probably falling 6 feet from conveyor belts 8 times, the amp still worked. Glad it wasn't tube type.

Hope your Kat is still alive when it makes it home.

Archived