Gibson Brands Forums

New Guitar Recommendation

AC4everDC

I'm looking for a new electric guitar. I'm 13. I've been playing for about a year now (and I'm pretty good for how long I've been playing - sorry I don't mean to brag. Anyway, I really like sg's, particularly the epiphone faded g400 or whatever its called at the moment. Since I'm kind of a novice, do you recomend this guitar for someone who's been playing for about a year?

I'm looking for a new electric guitar. I'm 13. I've been playing for about a year now (and I'm pretty good for how long I've been playing - sorry I don't mean to brag. Anyway' date=' I really like sg's, particularly the [b']epiphone faded g400[/b] or whatever its called at the moment. Since I'm kind of a novice, do you recommend this guitar for someone who's been playing for about a year?

I started playing around 12 or 13 as well. At that age, I don't think you have to worry about getting something that is too large for you. That said, if you have a Guitar Center anywhere near you, try a few different models. The G-400's are very nice, but so are some of the other epis in that price range. The Dot and the Dot studio are both nice, as are the Les Pauls. I don't think you'll go wrong with any of them.

You're 13' date=' so you don't have much money... You know what? You don't much to buy a quality guitar at a reasonable price.. But you aint gonna get it from Epiphone!

[/quote']

Dammit Lerxst... I wished I had a G-400 when I was starting out. Epiphones are great guitars for the money. But if you are on a budget...ehm do 'shop around'.

I'm looking for a new electric guitar. I'm 13. I've been playing for about a year now (and I'm pretty good for how long I've been playing - sorry I don't mean to brag. Anyway' date=' I really like sg's, particularly the [b']epiphone faded g400[/b] or whatever its called at the moment. Since I'm kind of a novice, do you recomend this guitar for someone who's been playing for about a year?

If that's the guitar you like you should go for it. You can only become better with a good guitar, It's a grave misconception that a novices should play on "cheap" guitars.

Archived