Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Axcess

Wondo

Here's another pic of Lifeson's Axcess from floydupgrades.com:

al1_lrg.jpg

That's an incredible top...wonder if Gibson would entertain the idea of a nicer flame top (CS?) as an option on these...especially given Staxman's comment that the Iced Tea Axcess he had seen wasn't quite as flamey...

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been reading the posts' date=' and I thought I'd put pics of the Axcess I got up on here:

[img']http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n226/mobster201/IMG_0881.jpg[/img]

IMG_0884.jpg

That's a gorgeous guitar, MUCH nicer top than the one I saw at GC. Not saying the one at GC was a dog, just not very exciting top. It was still a very nice axe. Now I'm psyched to get a sunburst version, just have to pick out a good topper! Since picking up the gray Axcess I've hardly played any of my other guitars. This thing is so fun to play and the tone is killer, it's totally addictive.

That's a gorgeous guitar' date=' MUCH nicer top than the one I saw at GC. Not saying the one at GC was a dog, just not very exciting top. It was still a very nice axe. Now I'm psyched to get a sunburst version, just have to pick out a good topper! Since picking up the gray Axcess I've hardly played any of my other guitars. This thing is so fun to play and the tone is killer, it's totally addictive.[/quote']

Staxman, you are a lucky man indeed. My local Guitar Center has an Ice Tea and a Gun Metal in stock, but they will not release them until the end of the month - some B.S about an "offical release date" from Gibson. I'm holding out until I can get an answer if they will be available in other colors, or maybe even see if Gibson plans on doing a Lifeson Signature Model. Hmm, I wonder if it would have a volute...

Staxman' date=' you are a lucky man indeed. My local Guitar Center has an Ice Tea and a Gun Metal in stock, but they will not release them until the end of the month - some B.S about an "offical release date" from Gibson. I'm holding out until I can get an answer if they will be available in other colors, or maybe even see if Gibson plans on doing a Lifeson Signature Model. Hmm, I wonder if it would have a volute...

[/quote']Oh, did I forget to mention there's a volute behind the 12th fret? (Yes...just kidding).

Well from what I'm hearing here, I'm guessing that maybe Sept. 1st is probably the release date Gibson mandated, and the GC where I purchased the Axcess did not know that and sold it to me by mistake? The guy I work with there is pretty honest as far as I know, I don't think he would have violated any release date policy had he known about it.

So yes, I would say Vespe201 and I got very lucky indeed and maybe managed to get one before the official release date. Well if someone had to get lucky, I am glad to have volunteered LOL! Lucky for all Sept 1st is only a week away.

Vespe201, how are you liking your Axcess? That top really is gorgeous.

I am loving the guitar. It is a little weird playing a Les Paul and not having a heel in your way when you're up high, but it is a fantastic guitar. The rep. at GC said they weren't supposed to release them until September 1 (official release date), but I guess just because it's Las Vegas they figured they would sell them quickly. I was told they got the Gun Metal Axcess two weeks ago, and I got the Sunburst one Friday, the day it came in. Either way, they are great guitars.

I also have an AL-355 (AL-22), so with this guitar I have both Alex 'inspired' axes.

I am loving the guitar. It is a little weird playing a Les Paul and not having a heel in your way when you're up high' date=' but it is a fantastic guitar. The rep. at GC said they weren't supposed to release them until September 1 (official release date), but I guess just because it's Las Vegas they figured they would sell them quickly. I was told they got the Gun Metal Axcess two weeks ago, and I got the Sunburst one Friday, the day it came in. Either way, they are great guitars.

I also have an AL-355 (AL-22), so with this guitar I have both Alex 'inspired' axes. [/quote']Right on! I have AL-124 and now the gunmetal Axcess. They are the two best guitars I've ever owned. The first time I saw an Axcess was when Rush played in Pittsburgh on the first leg of the recent tour. Alex came out playing the Ebony Custom prototype (he didn't have the sunburst yet), it was the coolest guitar I had ever seen and I hoped it was something new that Gibson was coming out with, not just a one-off. Had to have one.

Encounters with these things are rolling in like UFO sightings. "After I got probed; I heard a whilring, then I saw a bright light and then it levitaded for a second and poof it was gone!". You know I really don't undertand Gibson antics sometimes. Make the guitars, build them right and then give them to dealers to sell the guitars. See, I didn't go to Harvard and I figured it out on my own! You guys have too many stoopid rules. Backroom deals with this guy, "no pics policy" for that guy, MAP violation suspension here, this guy "can sell Custom Shop but not USA" there.

I can tell you one thing. I'm happy to bust out the VISA/MC for a couple of these things. But no, no, no, no....you have to go jerking people around. Gibson...yo, Exec guys...Hello! You have more little games than a Senior Citizen day care center. You can go suck a can, if you think I will ever "special order" a Gibson guitar thru a Dealer. When it arrives all skrewed up, I'm the chump who's stuck with it. Is there some reason I can't just buy a couple of these things [Axcesses]? It's harder to find than a freakin Yeti-Sashquatch or whatever.

What exactly is the problem? Everybody knows Gibson and Guitar Center are big buddies, but really...what's the deal? The longer I'm stuck waiting around the more Paul Reed Smith Tremonti's I end up buying. Take your pick.

Why is the Axcess off of the Custom Shop website again???

SShh , Actually they are waiting for the dealers to open the boxes

so this time they will know what to put in the advertisment O:)

Sure don't want multiple " misleading info " before you set out the cash B) /whoops

This is great all of the lifeson fans have jumped from the 355 to the les paul axcess

You have figured it out!! Gibson releases the long awaited ES 355, but puts a very disappointing feature on it so that Lifeson fans then start looking elsewhere because they feel they were tremedously let down. Now, the Lifeson fans instead of buying 1 Custom Shop guitar, buy 2. Ingenious marketing sceme by the Custom Shop. :-&

You have figured it out!! Gibson releases the long awaited ES 355' date=' but puts a very disappointing feature on it so that Lifeson fans then start looking elsewhere because they feel they were tremedously let down. Now, the Lifeson fans instead of buying 1 Custom Shop guitar, buy 2. Ingenious marketing sceme by the Custom Shop. :-& [/quote']

This is why I'm passing on the Axcess, and building my own. Sure it won't have the Gibson name on it but It will be the way I want it. (Color, binding, wood, and so on)

Great idea I was thinking the same thing. I mean shoot for about 300 more dollars then they want I could find a nice les paul vos model with the color I want and all and have my guitar tech install a floyd rose on it.

Is your tech prepared to retop? FR installation on a regular LP is well, an

adventure to put it lightly. =P~

Hi Admin...Somebody posted this earlier...Any confirm of the Custom models?? Thanks

FWIW, the following prices were released at Winter NAMM.

LP Axcess Custom w/Floyd Rose Silverburst CH Floyd - MSRP $5880.00

LP Axcess Custom w/Floyd Rose Ebony CH Floyd - MSRP $5527.00

LP Axcess Custom w/Stopbar Silverburst Chrome - MSRP $5174.00

LP Axcess Custom w/Stopbar Ebony Chrome - MSRP $4939.00

LP Axcess Standard w/Floyd Rose Ice Tea Chrome - MSRP $5292.00

LP Axcess Standard w/Floyd Rose Ebony CH Floyd - MSRP $4939.00

LP Axcess Standard w/Stopbar Ice Tea Chrome - MSRP $4704.00

LP Axcess Standard w/Stopbar Ebony Chrome - MSRP $4351.00

Archived