Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Axcess

Wondo

Thanks Crappy' date=' all makes good sense[/quote']

Here you go....you want to know what affects tone? A little input form an expert; gohdamn genuis.

I fell behind...what was the verdict on the Axcess Custom? Is the thing out or no.......

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a chance to get a gunmetal Axcess right now at a good price. I have been holding out for an Iced Tea. Which color would be best? I like them both and can't decide. Unable to play before I buy. My wife says get what I want, my brother-in-law says get the Iced Tea, my luthier says get the gunmetal gray, he thinks the sunburst looks cheesey.

I got a chance to get a gunmetal Axcess right now at a good price. I have been holding out for an Iced Tea. Which color would be best? I like them both and can't decide. Unable to play before I buy. My wife says get what I want' date=' my brother-in-law says get the Iced Tea, my luthier says get the gunmetal gray, he thinks the sunburst looks cheesey.[/quote']I ended up with one of each and glad I did because I like them both too. The gunmetals are all alike, though, whereas the iced-teas all have different tops so need to be picky on the iced-tea to get one that looks good to you. I hadn't planned on getting a gunmetal but when GC got them in weeks before anyone else I couldn't resist playing an Axcess, and I chose the gunmetal because the iced-tea they had did not have a thrilling top. I got to hand pick my iced-tea top from Wildwood's first batch, so I got one that I like a lot. I do not think the iced-teas look cheesy at all, but I would have preferred a darker color like a desert burst.

In the end I'm really glad I sold off some gear and got one of each because the Axcess has definitely become my main axe and it's good to have a backup if you break a string during a set. I love black guitars and the gunmetal looks awesome to me, and the iced-tea is a more classic look with a nice top. They each have different character as well so it's fun to swap back and forth.

Can't tell you what your preference is, Wondo, but if I were to get just one it would be the iced-tea. Not because I don't like the gunmetal just because it is a more classic look, but best to see the top before you buy they are all so different.

Heres a shot of both of mine. I got some pup covers to put on next time I change strings, will post a photo so all can see how it looks. I think I will like it more than the open coils on the iced-tea. I like the open coils on the gunmetal.

cs85920_lg1.jpg

GrayAxcess001.jpg

Admin' date=' any word on what other finishes might be available down the road?[/quote']

we have done a few recently in fire tiger (a deep trans red) and iguana burst (green). these may become regular colors at some time, but for now the only 2 official colors are iced tea and GMG.

Well,

I told Saul at Center City to go ahead and unload the gunmetal gray and wait on the Iced Tea. I have this fantasy that Admin is going to see to it that Saul gets an awesome Iced Tea to sell me and it will make up for some of the disappointment with the Lifeson.

Hey, I can fatnasize can't I?

we have done a few recently in fire tiger (a deep trans red) and iguana burst (green). these may become regular colors at some time' date=' but for now the only 2 official colors are iced tea and GMG.[/quote']

This is why I am waiting...

I would still like to pick up a custom model though.

we have done a few recently in fire tiger (a deep trans red) and iguana burst (green). these may become regular colors at some time' date=' but for now the only 2 official colors are iced tea and GMG.[/quote']

Pictures???

Archived