Gibson Brands Forums

What is your favourite effectpedal?

Ricochet

What is your favourite effectpedal? The one you can't do without. The one that makes you sound like...you?!

Here is my 'pedalboard'. Not using any of the stuff at the moment. Alltime favourite has got to be the Wah.

Pedals.jpg

What is your favourite effectpedal? The one you can't do without. The one that makes you sound like...you?!

Here is my 'pedalboard'. Not using any of the stuff at the moment. Alltime favourite has got to be the Wah.

Pedals.jpg

I like the wah, but I think a must-have for any humbucking guitar is a Morley Volume pedal......

My favourite is No Pedal. Just the gain and reverb on the amp.

Because I play in a covers band I do use several pedals at gigs, but only sparingly. Most of the time I'm switching between the 3 channels on my amp, set to (a) clean and bright with just a little break-up, for chord work (8-[ medium crunch © high gain on the edge of feedback for lead playing.

On top of that I have a wah, a chorus, a digital echo, and an acoustic modeller. They all get used on one song each. Finally, a Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster, which gets used as an emergency master level booster if our other guitarist turns up to 11 and drowns me out.

My favourite is No Pedal. Just the gain and reverb on the amp.

Because I play in a covers band I do use several pedals at gigs' date=' but only sparingly. Most of the time I'm switching between the 3 channels on my amp, set to (a) clean and bright with just a little break-up, for chord work (8-[ medium crunch © high gain on the edge of feedback for lead playing.

On top of that I have a wah, a chorus, a digital echo, and an acoustic modeller. They all get used on one song each. Finally, a Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster, which gets used as an emergency master level booster if our other guitarist turns up to 11 and drowns me out. [/quote']

+1

I just use the three channels on my Marshall.

Yeah, I agree...the best tone in the world, is a cranked tube amp and your guitar!

BUT...sometimes, a pedal (or several) are needed/warrented. I also use a Compressor/Sustainer (for the Ricky 12-string),

and a Boss Rotary Speaker simulator...'cause I don't want to, and can't really, haul a Leslie around. And, of course,

a Wah-Wah pedal, too. But, if I had to use just ONE...it would be the "Blues Driver!" At least, for now.

CB

My favorite at the momoent is a Boss AC-3 acoustic simulator as I am the only guitarist in the contemporary Church group I play in and need to have both sounds available within songs fairly regularly.

Others would be BBD and wah although I'm primarily just an amp and guitar only guy !

Can't live without my Ibanez TS-808 Overdrive Pro Tube Screamer.

Waitin' for a Fulltone Full-Drive 2 MosFet to arive' date=' can't wait to try that out.

[/quote']

They're very nice. Sort of like a TS without the obvious mid-bump. I expect the mosfet-version to be a little more transparant as the old one I have.

I still havent found one I have tried multi seperates good and bad . But still like the sound of my valve amp (Fender blues reissu) for live work. I use a Zoom multi at home with headphones at home most of the time.

How many of you are using pedals with SS amps and having good success?

I have tried a couple of 15 SS practice amps and the OD pedal I used sounded grainy and fizzy but when I tried the same pedal on a small 12W hybrid amp with one tube in the preamp, it sounded much better. Night and day difference. I have not been able to plug into a real tube amp but I am sure it would sound even better.

These days one of my favourite boxes is the one that's the hardest to define in terms of what it's doing to the sound... the BBE Sonic Maximizer. Addicted to that thing. Also like the BBE Green Screamer so much I actually got rid of my Bad Monkey.

My alltime favorite is just an amp switcher and my Leslie 145 with a good tube amp on the other channel for leads.......Blow any pedal out the door IMHO. But it's too big for some gigs and hard to transport so I do have a pedal board with some modulation effects....here is a fairly recent pic with an ernie ball volume pedal,Budda wah,MXR phase 100, modded boss chorus,flanger,option 5 destination rotation leslie simulator and a tu-12 tuner...the budda phatman pedal has been replaced by a ruetz modded original RAT pedal and a franklin modded od-1.DSC00066.jpg I also used to really like either a memory man or a rockman chorus/delay with 2 amps for a stereo rig....thats nice too....depends on the gig.pv-1.jpg

Ah, the Deluxe Memory Man... my first ever delay. Got one of those back in the late seventies... what a gas. Too bad somebody stole it. Later replaced it with a Yamaha E1005 analog delay, then added an Ibanez HD-1000 Harmonics/delay unit. Then an Alesis Midiverb III. These days I'm just using a Marshall Echohead.

Here's an irony. About 10 years ago I was able to chain together two pedals which I don't like, and go straight into a MD 8 track and get *exactly* the guitar sound I'd been hearing in my head for 14 years. I've never used either of these pedals regularly because I can't stand the sound of each individually.

Has anybody else had this experience?

Here's an irony. About 10 years ago I was able to chain together two pedals which I don't like' date=' and go straight into a MD 8 track and get *exactly* the guitar sound I'd been hearing in my head for 14 years. I've never used either of these pedals regularly because I can't stand the sound of each individually.

Has anybody else had this experience?[/quote']

Funny you should mention that. I had a Boss rack overdrive in the '80s. Couldn't stand it before the amp, but it worked wonders going straight into a Fostex. I did a very good Santana back then...well, in my own mind anyway.

Archived